Sign in to follow this  

2006 CR 125 Spark Arrester

Does any body make a spark arrester for this bike.Does the older CR 125 have the same pipe as the newer 125.Looked at a few different companys and no one seam to have a listing for a Husky past 2002.Had a FMF Turbine

core type off a friends 1999 YZ 125 and it almost fit,with a little work it would fit just fine.So any one know what would work do not want a screen type must be a turbine core

On the '04 CR125 thread they talked about A Husky dealer in Oregon called Bill's had a FMF from other bike modified to fit Husky CR125.

Norman

I don't know if the '06 model is the same as the '04 but I'm going through the same thing again. I have two '04 CR125s and needed spark arrested silencers. Bill made up a Turbine core two universal 1-1/8" that fit. It worked good on the wifes bike. It definately helped top end a bunch and low end a bit over stock. Now I am doing my CR125.

Since a year ago when I did the wifes, Pro circuit and FMF list the Husly spark arrested silencers to fit CR 125s, 2000 thru 2006. I got the P.C. and it didn't fit, then I got the FMF and it didn't fit either. Both companies said sorry and refunded my $.

Now I have decided to buy (I think, still waiting on FMF to get back to me about final details as to if it will work with modifications) the discontinued FMF Turbine core 2 one for a KTM, prodict #020307. It is only $45 so I can spend a few bucks on modifying it and come out ahead. The modified universal will cost you $120 before modifications. the Turbine core 2 worked out great performance wise on the wifes bike so I am going to stick with it. I will keep you posted as to what FMF says about the KTM model for $45. Hopefully I can use the bolt on mounting and not the clamp on mount of the universal. I will just cut off the stinger from the stock and clamp or weld it on the KTM one. I won't need the stock non arrested silencer because the FMF arressted can works so much better performance wise.

P.S. I have a Doma pipe that I am going to use on it.

i think the pro circuit may fit but one must also use the pro circuit expansion chamber as well.we have the stuff in stock if some one wants to give it a go,then we will all know the answer.dan.

A FMF Turbine core type off a 1999 Yamaha Yz125 will slip onto the stock

pipe a little off and side panel is not fitting .So cut the S pipe from the stock

Husky pipe and welded it to the YZ 125 FMF Can .Now had to rework one of the mounting holes and all fits fine and looks factory.

Yes FMF list they have the correct silencer but that was a miss print.

Am going to go to FMF direct and try on a few different one from other bikes

if something fits better without any mods will let you know.But for now what i did will work.PS heard they might be working on doing a pipe for the Husky 4 stroke .As the new bikes take on more companys will take the time to make more parts,only time will tell.

The procircuit can be made to easily fit. Basically all that is needed is to extend the mount and it bolts up cleanly, at least on my '04.

Check out the 2C pipe for the 06.

http://www.kpr-motocross.com/stories/s001.htm

Karl was a Husky GP mechanic back in 02. He knows how to get the best out of them. European enduro champ Daryl Bolter used one on his 05 WR. It's an mx pipe with good power boost all round.

Doma also do an mx pipe and muffler that fits 01 onwards. It should fit the 06.

www.doma.be

(sorry, just noticed that the site is under construction. Just google it to find some supplier's online catalogues.)

The procircuit can be made to easily fit. Basically all that is needed is to extend the mount and it bolts up cleanly, at least on my '04.

You must have gotten lucky.

Procircuit sent me two of them and neither of them were even close. They were way off. This was 10 days ago.

A FMF Turbine core type off a 1999 Yamaha Yz125 will slip onto the stock

pipe a little off and side panel is not fitting .So cut the S pipe from the stock

Husky pipe and welded it to the YZ 125 FMF Can .Now had to rework one of the mounting holes and all fits fine and looks factory.

Yes FMF list they have the correct silencer but that was a miss print.

Am going to go to FMF direct and try on a few different one from other bikes

if something fits better without any mods will let you know.But for now what i did will work.PS heard they might be working on doing a pipe for the Husky 4 stroke .As the new bikes take on more companys will take the time to make more parts,only time will tell.

That is the same thing you have to do to any sliencer to make it fit. You are starting with a $150 can and modifying it, I'm hoping to start with a $45 can.

Would a WR125 sparky work?

I was going to suggest that also. Price and preceived performance may be why it wasn't considered. I can't imagine a new one from Husky is cheap. I don't think they are too restrictive and the '02 on, is lighter and shorter than the big old clunkers with the clamp on end cap. The Trail Rider test of '02 WR125 tried FMF, Pro-Circuit and stock pipe silencer combos and said there was no interchangablity between any of them.

Norman

I also run the PC S/A on my 04 125. It fit without much of a problem. It fit with my stock, PC and DynPort pipe.

I have a PC Nature friendly S/A on my stock 04 125. Fits right on the stock pipe no problem. Problem is there is only 1 mount tab on PC S/A unlike 2 mount tabs on stock silencer. Use the foward mount only but the rear of the PC Nature friendly S/A will hit the rear stock mounting tab. Simple.....grind or cut about 3/8 " from the tip of the stock bike rearmost mount tab and the clearance is there. Oh you say....that goes into the stock mounting bolt hole for the stock silencer. That is true. Fix # 2.....drill a new hole in whats left of the rear tab, mount with stock silencer with 1 bolt (connect it to the pipe) and use as stencil to drill second new hole in foward mount tab off subframe slightly higher than the stock hole you are now using as the fastening point for the use of the PC Nature friendly S/A. Wish I could put a picture but that is what I did and it works perfect. It is not a screen type....its a Kritzman type and have'ent had any clogging.

Have fun kids :thumbsup:

I have a PC Nature friendly S/A on my stock 04 125. Fits right on the stock pipe no problem. Problem is there is only 1 mount tab on PC S/A unlike 2 mount tabs on stock silencer. Use the foward mount only but the rear of the PC Nature friendly S/A will hit the rear stock mounting tab. Simple.....grind or cut about 3/8 " from the tip of the stock bike rearmost mount tab and the clearance is there. Oh you say....that goes into the stock mounting bolt hole for the stock silencer. That is true. Fix # 2.....drill a new hole in whats left of the rear tab, mount with stock silencer with 1 bolt (connect it to the pipe) and use as stencil to drill second new hole in foward mount tab off subframe slightly higher than the stock hole you are now using as the fastening point for the use of the PC Nature friendly S/A. Wish I could put a picture but that is what I did and it works perfect. It is not a screen type....its a Kritzman type and have'ent had any clogging.

Have fun kids :thumbsup:

Joe,

Have you been riding? Perfect here, frozen up nicely and about 3'' of snow. This knee is a drag :thumbsup:, but I know it's for the better good. I'll talk to you.

Norman

Have I been riding? Does Howdy Doodie got wooden Balls? about 1//12 non stop Saturday (no snow..little mud/frost) and 2 hours nonstop 30 min to fuel /chow then about 1 more hour nonstop. Last hour was in snow that started. about 4 " in an hour. All that crap that blew through you first I'm sure.

BTW put in Kelly's carb dividers. Nice. No more power really but such smooth throttle response and also the ability to lug way low. Much like an old 430 with a huge flywheel but this is on the 125....best of both worlds. Dividers....a must have for serous offroading in the NE. won't ever think about not using em again even if it means the dreaded $ for "powernow".

Joe

A another update. A 2002 Husky cr 125 complet new pipe from FMF with

the trubine core spart arrester fit on the 2006 CR nice fit and bolts on in min.

seems a lot of the parts have not changed much in the last few years.

Also a skid plate from Utha cycle which i got from moose for a 1999 yamaha

fit on nice too had to modifi the rear hole a little.Did the 4 Aces National

yesterday and the bike worked great and nothing came loose or broke.

A another update. A 2002 Husky cr 125 complet new pipe from FMF with

the trubine core spart arrester fit on the 2006 CR nice fit and bolts on in min.

seems a lot of the parts have not changed much in the last few years.

Also a skid plate from Utha cycle which i got from moose for a 1999 yamaha

fit on nice too had to modifi the rear hole a little.Did the 4 Aces National

yesterday and the bike worked great and nothing came loose or broke.

The FMF pipe/silencer hook up junction must be in a different location than the stock pipe/silencer? I found the TC2 didn't fit with the stock pipe. Let us know please about the hook up points and the performance of the new setup!!

thanks

Yes the FMF pipe has a longer tailpipe on it but it fits just fine when used with the FMF silincer When used together fit is fine

I don't know if the '06 model is the same as the '04 but I'm going through the same thing again. I have two '04 CR125s and needed spark arrested silencers. Bill made up a Turbine core two universal 1-1/8" that fit. It worked good on the wifes bike. It definately helped top end a bunch and low end a bit over stock. Now I am doing my CR125.

Since a year ago when I did the wifes, Pro circuit and FMF list the Husly spark arrested silencers to fit CR 125s, 2000 thru 2006. I got the P.C. and it didn't fit, then I got the FMF and it didn't fit either. Both companies said sorry and refunded my $.

Now I have decided to buy (I think, still waiting on FMF to get back to me about final details as to if it will work with modifications) the discontinued FMF Turbine core 2 one for a KTM, prodict #020307. It is only $45 so I can spend a few bucks on modifying it and come out ahead. The modified universal will cost you $120 before modifications. the Turbine core 2 worked out great performance wise on the wifes bike so I am going to stick with it. I will keep you posted as to what FMF says about the KTM model for $45. Hopefully I can use the bolt on mounting and not the clamp on mount of the universal. I will just cut off the stinger from the stock and clamp or weld it on the KTM one. I won't need the stock non arrested silencer because the FMF arressted can works so much better performance wise.

P.S. I have a Doma pipe that I am going to use on it.

Got the $45 FMF KTM discontinued Turbine core 2 today. $52 shipped. It will work great. A little modifications here and there and it's a go. All you need is someone with small tubing benders/swagers and a little welding and you are good to go. I figure 1 hour of my time to lay it out, cut etc. and then maybe a 1/2 hour of the guys time who has the bender swager. This is the only set up I have come up with to fit an arrested slilencer on a stock pipe, or my Doma which is the same as the stock pipe as far as fit up.

The turbine core 2 works better than the stock silencer, much better power across the board as compared to stock. With my Doma I can always have the stock pipe as a spare in case I crash and do serious damage to the Doma. Then just repair the Doma and go back.

If you want to just arrest the stock pipe, which works great by the way with the TC2, then I feel this is the way to go.

I got the $45 KTM TC2 on the CR125. Modified it a bit and it now fits my Doma pipe and the stock pipe. The way I have it set up is it will work with my Doma and the stock pipe. The stock silencer fits either pipe also. I can ride the Doma/TC2 till I break or smash up either the pipe or the can and I will have a spare for both. Done deal, it works for me. I can't wait to ride it with the Doma this weekend.

The TC2 made a big improvement, hopefully the Doma will do the same.

If anyone ever hears of someone who has a Doma for sale for the CR125, let me know. I think I got the last one in the US. The importer won't bring in anymore Husky 2T pipes due to no real demand for them.

I'm curious how the new FMF and PC complete setups work on the bikes. Anybody got any imput?