Sign in to follow this  

06 KXF 250 lunched motor.

Im typically not another one of these guys KXF bashing, but today I am. I loved my 250f, untill the weekend, like everyone else praised them told everyone to buy one, not any more. 30hours old, pulled the rocker cover off and the valve clearances were sweet, went for a ride and 15mins later. well you can see the pictures as proof. Check out my garage, if you still do no believe me ill take another photo of the motor in my bike. Sure go ahead buy a KXF itll cost you serious $$$$.

Oh yea Kawasaki just said "...its a race motor, it happens..."

We got in a 06 KX250F in with 6 hours and same thing.

We are finding that the machine work on the seats is not centered with the guides and the valves are getting side loaded and breaking.

not good.

They need to be re machined and make sure they are centered and that they seal.

to bad. let me know if you think the head is trashed or not...i might be able to save it. i did not look that closely at the pics.

Head Works

headworks10@aol.com

not tryin to point any fingers but its kinda odd that after 30 hours without a problem this happened right after you were in the motor. Hope its not i wide spread problem i have almost 50 hrs on my 06 and have had both the 04 and 05 without a single problem. Dont be scared this is a great bike. good luck with fixin it

Anyone else with me on this one. I dont think that is a Kx250F, Nor do I think its a 06. I thinks its an older 4 stroke of some kind that had something else happen to it. Anyone agree, Or am I the crazy one. Quick review. His is a TT newbie with KTM in his log-on name. Sounds just a little bit odd for my taste. Show me some more pics of the bike and where that head came from, And I just might believe it. Sorry bud.

I must be a really lucky guy. I've owned the dreaded "valve-muching" CRF450, and two KX250F's ('05, '06), and haven't had any problems. Maybe I just know how to take care of my bikes?

I must be a really lucky guy. I've owned the dreaded "valve-muching" CRF450, and two KX250F's ('05, '06), and haven't had any problems. Maybe I just know how to take care of my bikes?

not luck, good maintainence = good working bike....notice all the owners who make threads asking stupid questions like when to add coolant etc are the guys who make threads about there bike breaking...

4 strokes and newbs dont mix..just like drinking and driving

to RSTYSURFER584

You cant do anything to your 4 stroke checking valve clearances. its only the rocker cover, your not exactly "in the engine"

To ThumperMx365

I can see your point I am a newbie with a KTM name because I joined here doing some reasearch before i sold my SX125. I understand your scepticism. So will take a photo of the bike in its stripped down form, clearly showing the 06 frame and totalled piston. Its clear that the head cylinder and piston are all the same engine as they are all damaged from a stray valve head.

As i clearly stated at the beggining, Im not a KXF basher, but am gutted mine shat itself in such a nasty way.

To Head Works

I am getting a machinist to look at my head. would try and send it to you but being down here in NZ might cost a lot to send it to Arizona please have another look at my pictures and give me an opinion on weather it is salvagable.

That is a kx250f or an rmz250. I believe this guy though. What does he really have to gain from making shit up.

not luck, good maintainence = good working bike....notice all the owners who make threads asking stupid questions like when to add coolant etc are the guys who make threads about there bike breaking...

4 strokes and newbs dont mix..just like drinking and driving

please tell me which maintenance job i did to snap a valve like that, Valve clearance? I did check that. I am a newbie on this forum but not one around the track and if you ever came down to NZ would whip your arse soo badly around the track, youd wanna give up riding.

RSTYSURFER584's first post I agree with. Just look into saving the head for sure. But maybe this is another fake :thumbsup: ????? Head in pics looks older. But it aint a yamaha.

dude stop talkin stupid ka ka... no one is scared of a lil guy from nz...

When Ben Townleys knee heals he will show you what lil guys from NZ race like.

i think everyone who bashes guys that have trouble and post it should look at the march motocrossaction mag page 154. or are they full of it also? :thumbsup:

if you ever came down to NZ would whip your arse soo badly around the track, youd wanna give up riding.

Are you kidding me. Now I know you are smoking crack. And have no clue as to what is going on. Do some research before you open your mouth and insert foot. LOOK at this Mr. Know-it-all.

1United States (USA)

2France (FRA)

3Belgium (BEL)

4New Zealand (NZL)

5Great Britian (GBR)

6Estonia (EST)

7Netherlands (NED)

8Portugal (POR)

9South Africa (RSA)

10Spain (SPA)

That is how you beat us huh, USA 1st NZL 4th. YOUR not even on the Box.

MOTOCROSS DES NATIONS OVERALL RESULTS

please tell me which maintenance job i did to snap a valve like that, Valve clearance? I did check that. I am a newbie on this forum but not one around the track and if you ever came down to NZ would whip your arse soo badly around the track, youd wanna give up riding.

damn straight cant beat nz riders :bonk::thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk:

that looks sore man

I am so sick of these threads. I am not saying you are full of it but everyone that makes these threads acts like the KX250F is a very problematic bike that is so much more unreliable than the other 250Fs. Was this your first fourstroke, I read you had a 125SX, if it was MAYBE you didnt take care of like you should have, fourstrokes need lots of attention. You said you checked the valve clearances at 30 hours, was this the first time you checked them? If so you should have checked them more often, you should check the valves on any 250F more often than that. It blew up right after you checked the valves, maybe you screwed up putting it back together? Anyways if you take care of any bike they way you should and try to avoid the hitting the rev limiter, it will last along time, no matter what bike you own.

And the people who say Kawaski bikes in general are unreliable, I do not agree with you at all. In my experince they are very good bikes, even though I have only benn riding for a little over 10 years the Kawi's have been great. My 05 KXF has ran great with no problems for almost a year of hard riding. I just sold a '95 KLX250R, I had it for 5 years, it was used, I never replaced the top end only shimmed the valves once and I rode it very hard offroad and on the track. It had a ton of hours which I do not know how many and it was a great bike that ran good to the day I sold. My dad owns a YZ426 and that thing has had more problems than all of our other bikes combined, I thought Yamaha was the most reliable? I am not bashing the YZ at all, it is a awsome bike, my dad just didnt take care of it like he should. All bikes will run good if you take care of them, they won't if you don't take care of them.

That was my longest post, I'll stop now :thumbsup:

are u kidding me...im not even talking about ur bike..im just saying maintainance plays a major roll on these bikes...why??..because 97% all the newbs come in here who never rode a 4 stroke or just got one are the ones who have problems with valves...never once pointed a finger at you saying it was ur fault at all... :thumbsup::bonk::bonk:

look at ur attitute...u go from breaking valves to saying NZ riders will kick other ppl's ass on the track...dude i felt sorry for ur loss on ur bike and couldve tried to help u but now after seeing what kinda &%$#@! u are your officially a dumb ass in my book.... :thumbsup: