Ever hear of Joe Racer or Off-Road Only ?

I agree with bellec. Quit whinning. I think CRF's Only had enough of that.

I am happy with the kit. Do I have to go on and on about how great it is to have a CA plate?

Does Rat think he is doing anything but a diservice to the whole off-road community by screaming and complaining over this network? Your message has been received by those who want to hear it. Do what you must in the courts, if you think that is necessary, but get off the public forum with the ranting and raving. Maybe stand in front of his store with a sign.

**From what I understand you DON'T have to buy his kit. You CAN just have him do the DMV work.**

And try bringing an electrical part back to many stores. Not allowed.

• 2 weeks later...

I would beware of doing business with this guy. I had a very ad experience. I ordered a kit from him and never received it even though he charged my debit card over 1000 dollars on day one. When I followed up with him for status over 5-6 week period, he was very defensive and arrogant.

His kits are very expensive compared to trick, bd, etc. I never receieved an ivoice for the charges he hit me with. They admitted that they mistakenly charged my card too early but indicated that they would send kit very shortly (ala within a week). After 5 weeks he told me that they werent even working on my kit but they would get right on it and that i need to exhibit more patience. I responded that after being charged over 1k with no explanation that I have a right to check status. He then suggested that I get a refund, I agreed, and he hit me with some bogus service charges (his explanation was that he incurred credit card charges-not sure what that means).

They guy may provide a valuable service with DMV stuff but there are much better alternatives in my opinion. Dale (Trick DS) builds high quality kits and is a world of help with advice, etc.

good luck dealing with Joe Racer/Off Road Only.

The more I read threads about dual sport kits, the happier I am that I bought the Trick Dual Sport kit. It's very high quality, easy to install, and easily stands up to all the single track abuse I've been able to throw at it. ? Can't understand why anyone would buy anthing else.

I purchased the Baja Designs kit and am very happy to say that I am more than pleased. The kit was very simple to install. Instructions were right on (yes for once I did read the instructions first) everything worked as it should, (they even use the stock type of connectors in this kit), and it came with the paperwork for the D.M.V.. I now have a plated 450x. I also helped a friend with his wr450f and it to was right on. Even the stator mod instructions were easy to follow. Baja Designs keep up the good work. ?

All I know is that in the kit there was some paperwork from the California DMV. I believe this same paperwork is available on line. I had to do some homework but I was successful in getting a plate. right or wrong I don't know. I am not going to say anything about it. I just went down and got it insured and then went to the DMV and found a really nice lady to help me. Of course it pays to be really nice to them also. Just think if you had that job and had to deal with all of us. I do not plan on riding it on the street much just from trail to trail. ?

• 1 year later...
  • 7 months later...

Gerard Wytman aka Joe Wytman and Joe Racer Products is the most unethical dishonest person I know. To find out more go to: http://www.sccaseinfo.org and under party last name type in Wyman. We sued Joe and won. Word around town was Joe would never give us a refund and he knew the court system enough to never have to pay. Well for the principle of it, we kept on it until the day we won in court and the bailiff had him literally empty his pockets and give us what he had as well as send us a check for the difference which he did. This guy will lie directly to the court - i.e. he was out of the country for business so could not attend court when I got him on video tape hosting a ride. Any one who thinks he is OK just hasnt been screwed by him. Beware of him, document any conversation you have with him and take him to court! Funny thing was when we were in an office signing paperwork to get him served, the guy before us was in there to do the same thing - for Joe's Furniture Store - he put $1200 down for a furniture set and 6 months later no furniture and yes Joe was rude and arrogant when he talked to him.

• 1 year later...
my buddies and I have had runins with Joe Racer. He is an A$$ and has the worse customer service. If I were you I would go for it and sue him if he dosent want to refund him you money. Keep us updated

Interesting...

I "Gave Him" $534 for his "Joe Racer Products Street Legal Service" and it did NOT work and would NOT work because of recent changes within the Nevada DMV system...

Obviously, as you know, he would not refund my money and did nothing but argue with me... he could not believe what he get's done in CA could NOT be done (anymore) in Nevada. Like I would lie to him to get a refund and NOT want a plate on my 09 400 XCW I spent a fortune putting a Factory KTM Dual Sport kit on - LOL!

Amazing...

I just want others to NOT get taken by www.JoeRacerProducts.com in San Jose CA or he needs to offer (and honor) money back guarantees on his service.

I thought he was legit because his ad was in Cycle News Magazine and www.CycleNews.com for so long...

Funny thing... I complained to Terry Pratt and Dave Szych the ad reps at cycle news magazine and presented all the evidence.

They CONTINUE to run his ad (Laughs!)

Oh well...

Better to Lose $500 than $5,000, right?

--------------------------------

"Street Legal Your Dirt Bike!"

"Make Your Dirt Bike Street Legal!"

--------------------------------

Edited by jpeters

• 4 weeks later...
Gerard Wytman aka Joe Wytman and Joe Racer Products is the most unethical dishonest person I know. To find out more go to: http://www.sccaseinfo.org and under party last name type in Wyman. We sued Joe and won. Word around town was Joe would never give us a refund and he knew the court system enough to never have to pay. Well for the principle of it, we kept on it until the day we won in court and the bailiff had him literally empty his pockets and give us what he had as well as send us a check for the difference which he did. This guy will lie directly to the court - i.e. he was out of the country for business so could not attend court when I got him on video tape hosting a ride. Any one who thinks he is OK just hasnt been screwed by him. Beware of him, document any conversation you have with him and take him to court! Funny thing was when we were in an office signing paperwork to get him served, the guy before us was in there to do the same thing - for Joe's Furniture Store - he put $1200 down for a furniture set and 6 months later no furniture and yes Joe was rude and arrogant when he talked to him.

I think Joe Racer Products in San Jose CA 95125 Better Business Bureau unanswered complaints and report speak for themselves. See here:

http://sanjose.bbb.org/Business-Report/Joe-Racer-Productions-240282

joeracerproducts.com

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...