New Xr suspension

Ok so I just got my 2002 XR200 decked out in good condition 1991 suspension and it is pretty sweet but people were talking about getting 20 feet of air at 190 lbs. I am only 130 and about 13 feet is a pretty ruff landing for me. So I was wondering how you recharge the nitrogen in the rear shock. It has a normal valve like it is air instead of nitro. Also does anyone know where I can find the specs on the oil levels and psi ratings for the front shocks. Thanks,

Tyler

Ok so I just got my 2002 XR200 decked out in good condition 1991 suspension and it is pretty sweet but people were talking about getting 20 feet of air at 190 lbs. I am only 130 and about 13 feet is a pretty ruff landing for me. So I was wondering how you recharge the nitrogen in the rear shock. It has a normal valve like it is air instead of nitro. Also does anyone know where I can find the specs on the oil levels and psi ratings for the front shocks. Thanks,

Tyler

Don't play with the nitrogen unless you know what you are doing. If you barely touch the shcrader (sp??) valve all the nitrogen will come out. Charging it won't stiffen it up per se, the 200 suspension is just not made to be jumped 20 feet in the air.

talking about getting 20 feet of air at 190 lbs. I am only 130 and about 13 feet is a pretty ruff landing for me.
What are we considering 20 feet here?

20 feet high "in the air", landing on the flat? :bonk:

20 feet distance off the lip, landing on a flat? ?

20 feet over a table top landing on the backside? ?

20 feet distance, clearing a set of doubles? :bonk:

Don't play with the nitrogen unless you know what you are doing. If you barely touch the shcrader (sp??) valve all the nitrogen will come out. Charging it won't stiffen it up per se, the 200 suspension is just not made to be jumped 20 feet in the air.
I'm going to have to agree with john k on this one.

I did the same mod to my '95 along with adding gold valve emulators to the forks. I got my shock off eBaY so I had the N2 recharged by the shop before installing it. As mentioned, don't even touch the schrader valve unless you have a bottle of N2 available. The reservoir holds only a small volume of gas, but at high pressure (140 psig).

Do a search here on TT and you will find out how much oil to run in the forks. I can't remember what I ended up with but I think it was about 5cc's more than what I found recommended in the post. May have been due to the Gold Valves. :eek: