Sign in to follow this  

Kehin replacement for 01' CR 250

I need some advice on how to get the proper Kehin carb. (size and part #) for my 01'. I did a search without success and looked on Service Honda website for referrences to this. HELP! :thumbsup:

Paul

01' CR 250

I did the switch to the Keihin. Worth it IMO! The Mikuni is a pain to jet.

My bike has been running ok with the Mikuni but recently started pinging-I'm guessing from the colder air temps. Just always seems to need something to run right.

Any jetting advice on the Keihin? Was it a direct bolt up?

Paul

01' CR 250 w/Gnarly pipe

It's somewhat of a tight fit on the front boot but otherwise a direct fit. Start with the stock jetting. It should fire right up and be fairly close. Depending on your elevation maybe drop the needle 1 notch and try a 178, 175 main. I highly recommend you do a leak down on your bike since you have the carb off. That will give you the answer to the recent pinging being carb or air leak.

if your a little worried about the tight fit of the kehien in the mikuni boots, you can order the airboots from a 00 model, and it will be a perfect fit...i had a few spares left over from my older bikes, and used the 00 boots"front&back" on mine when i did the swap...

It's somewhat of a tight fit on the front boot but otherwise a direct fit. Start with the stock jetting. It should fire right up and be fairly close. Depending on your elevation maybe drop the needle 1 notch and try a 178, 175 main. I highly recommend you do a leak down on your bike since you have the carb off. That will give you the answer to the recent pinging being carb or air leak.

My Mikuni is a tight fit. I seem to have pretty good luck with mine. I have thought about changing the nozzel to see if it would make a difference. But it seems to run pretty good.I have also thought of going to the kehin. I actually have a Kehin from my 87 trx250r i wonder if that would work? How many mm is the 00 honda carb. I think the one i have is a 34mm

I have been running my 01 with the Keihin PWK for about a year. I have Eric Gorrs mo betta everywhere porting. The bike is still running rich. I'm at sea level - 2500 ft and it was 35 degrees last ride and still spooge. I think I'm running a 175 main.

Any ideas?

Thanks