ktm250sxf or kx250f?

I have an '06 KXF and I couldn't be happier. The bike just rocks. I think alot of the "problems" that you hear about are BS. I'm sure that there have been some issues with it but the same can be said for any bike. I believe that if you take care of it and do the maintenance like you should, you won't have any issues. Again, that needs to be done for whatever you buy.

This was posted in the KX250F forum. Its a pretty good read.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/Artic...?ArticleID=2796

It's another shootout of the 250F's minus the RMZ.

I dunno i've heard of a few new kx250f's blowing up lately.

You could buy one and probably never have problems im sure...but is that something you wanna be thinking about while your riding.

The ktm seems to be holding up just as good as the yammi's.

Both those bikes are great, neither one is better. Each one has their one high points.

Since you already have the down payment on the KXF stick with it. Obviously it was your gut choice, you will be the happiest in the long run with your gut choice even its not the all around best bike IMO. Theres really nothing either one of those bikes doea bad.

If you didnt already have the KXF down payment, i would say research them both a bit and maybe ride them.

kawasaki has better suspension, ktm has the motor/hydraulic clutch and excels

only downfall i see of the ktm is the suspension (its not bad whatsoever just not the best) and the "different" handling it has being a euro bike. KTM is closer to a race bike out of the box (better quality and more trick looking parts) But i do love my 06 KX250f so, either way i wouldnt mind riding anyof the new 4's. pick one thats the best at doing what you like to do thats it bottomline.

hehe, the cookie cutter kawi guys will defend their choice no matter what, despite known issues with the 06. Anyone who does not replace the flawed cam chain guide is crazy, since the tabs like to break off and take out the whole top end in a very messy way. Build quaility is not consistent either.

the KTM may need a few tweaks, but if you are willing to educate yourself nothing is faster and nothing is cooler.

Go with your heart,

If you take the kawi, and really want to trust it, then do the research and fix what needs it---then you should be fine. Of course by that time you will be a couple hundred over the price of that sweet pumpkin.