Sign in to follow this  

I'm finally in Ohio!!!

Finally landed in Ohio, it took me a year to get here but I did it. I'm in wilmington for the time being. Work for a big air freight company anyone in the area want to get together for a beer and talk about dirt and bikes, let me know.

Glad you made it o.k. I'm a little far from Wilmington for drinking, but come spring let's meet up at Wayne or Perry for riding. You're going to need to get you bike titled and get a OHV sticker. Initially it can be a hassle, but then you just pay $8 every 3 years for a sticker.

Of course you also have the fun of changing your cars and your drivers license over.

Wilmington is real close to me. You can ride at Roberts arena next weekend. Not a very good track, but it is indoors. Earlywine's is a little over an hour for you, but it is AWSOME.

I'll be all over those come spring time!!! Right now its snowing like a MF!!! can't waite to go ride with some of you guys....

I'm from a small town called Greenfield about 30 miles from wilmington. I have had a few friends work where your at. ABX air is it?

Im from Waynesville, about 10-15 minutes from Wilmington and almost started working at the Airport where you are now. Do you ride track or trails? Me and my riding buddies do both. Close to you is......

New Vienna: About 10-15 minutes out of Wilmington, it is mainly a track, but there is some trails. I usually go there frequantly in the warmer months.

Happy Hollow and Sinking Springs: About 30 minutes from Wilmington on the other side of Hillsboro near Long's Retreat. Trails.

For good trail riding there is Wayne National Forest, that is probably a little under 2 hours of a drive, in Eastern Ohio.

Happy Hollow and Sinking Springs: About 30 minutes from Wilmington on the other side of Hillsboro near Long's Retreat. Trails.

I am 45 minutes from Wilmington. Where is Long's Retreat? How many acres? Is it worth the drive from North Dayton OH area?

I am 45 minutes from Wilmington. Where is Long's Retreat? How many acres? Is it worth the drive from North Dayton OH area?

Ummm, yeah Happy Hollow would be worth the drive every once in a while. It is only like 200 acres but it is all hilly which makes it fun, there is also a MX track thru the woods which is fun to play on, nothing serious tho. Only about 5 bucks to ride to, camping is aloud. :thumbsup:

Sinking Springs would be good to take a beginner, I wouldn't drive far for it. Just a few trails and they are pretty easy. Free to ride, and is down the road from Happy Hollow.

Long's Retreat is a great place for family camping. There is a go-kart track, a lake with slides, other activities, cabins, plenty of places for tents. It is kind of pricey, but it is neat. Long's Retreat is right next door to Sinking Springs.

CRF-F, He is right. If you like hard trails, great hills to climb and running in and out of creeks Wellsville is great. Warning!! Just a little water down there changes EVERYTHING. Not to far from you, A few hrs, is the Hatfield,McCoy trails in WV. Good time, You can ride from one city to the next. Get off the trails and ride up to the gas stations then into town, have lunch and then hit the trails again. 3 levels of riding: Green :bonk: Too easy. Blue :thumbsup: Fast but not that hard. Black :thumbsup: Has some areas that are too hard for some. Then there is the single track :bonk: We call them Billy-goat trails. If you are not an above average rider don't go on them. We also ride near New Philly at a place called Crowcayonmx.com. 400 acres of trails and hills, woods and an adult and kids mx track. they even have a bike shop at the track. Super people. Everything you need is at the exit off 250 in Eurickville. Car wash,fast food,drive thru, gas stations. For us it works. Good luck and welcome to Ohio

Thanks for the info, didn't know these places existed. Wellsville sounds like some fun. Alot of guys I know head for Chillicothe to go riding. Is Wellsville open year round?

Also- I live between Greenville and Tipp City OH on SR571 and have 20 acres to play on. Have some creeks, woods, small hills and RR beds to play on if anyone is in the 'hood and wants to buzz around. No race exhausts please, gotta respect the neighbors :thumbsup:

Im from Waynesville, about 10-15 minutes from Wilmington and almost started working at the Airport where you are now. Do you ride track or trails? Me and my riding buddies do both. Close to you is......

New Vienna: About 10-15 minutes out of Wilmington, it is mainly a track, but there is some trails. I usually go there frequantly in the warmer months.

For good trail riding there is Wayne National Forest, that is probably a little under 2 hours of a drive, in Eastern Ohio.

I looked at a house that was litterally on the same street as the new vienna track less than a mile away. I'd love to live that close to a track and some trails!!! I saw it as I drove by!!! I'm not good enough to ride a track and do the doubles n stuff but I can still have fun and practice thats for sure, I'm more of a single track guy. Creeks, hills, mud, rocks, roots etc. Yes I'm at the ABX field in Wilmington. I buy Airplane parts. I'm staying at the holliday inn express at the moment but my DRZ is in my buddies garage here in town and all my gear is in my hotel room so if it warms up enough to ride, I wont hesitate to meet up and ride with someone. I need to get a battery ordered just in case. I'll do that this week

Finally landed in Ohio, it took me a year to get here but I did it. I'm in wilmington for the time being. Work for a big air freight company anyone in the area want to get together for a beer and talk about dirt and bikes, let me know.

I'm always game for a beer if you're in the Columbus area. Welcome back. Go Bucks.

Congrats on the move Tony! Welcome. I'm glad I found this thread, had no Idear so many people are near me and my riding areas. I'm in Morrow, just south of Waynesville and Wilmington. I mostly do dual sport rides, lots of paved roads :thumbsup: but know of plenty of trails and have some private land.

Just went scouting some new tractor paths and power lines and other renegade type stuff along st rt 123- cant wait for the ground to get a bit dryer and warmer!

YAHHHHH BABYYYYY!!! I just put a contract on a house that litterally backs up to the track and trails in New Vienna. My two acres backs up to a huge chuNck of woods that is connected to the track. PARTY AT DRZRIDERS HOUSE!! :thumbsup: I should be able to move in in about 6 weeks or so. :thumbsup:

YAHHHHH BABYYYYY!!! I just put a contract on a house that litterally backs up to the track and trails in New Vienna. My two acres backs up to a huge chuNck of woods that is connected to the track. PARTY AT DRZRIDERS HOUSE!! :thumbsup: I should be able to move in in about 6 weeks or so. :thumbsup:

You better keep the party talk low or you might not have a house left after the party if the locals there are like they are here. LOL

There seems to be a bunch of us all within a hour or so of each other, anyone know of any local d/s clubs? If not, how 'bout starting one? I not talking about due paying monthly meeting type stuff, just maybe a contact list to let someone know your going to ride if they would like to join- just a thought, let me know.

we do a ride every memoral weekend at bear creak out side canton in navar it get a bit loud at night but its great riding they have a mx track an 300 achers of trails we arrive on friday and stay till monday its a blast you can only camp on holiday weekends so come have a blast and camp with me and my freinds from all over ohio

we do a ride every memoral weekend at bear creak out side canton in navar it get a bit loud at night but its great riding they have a mx track an 300 achers of trails we arrive on friday and stay till monday its a blast you can only camp on holiday weekends so come have a blast and camp with me and my freinds from all over ohio

Do you mean Navarre?