Anyone using new SIDI boots?

Hey Ron, long time no talk. I don't have the new SIDI's but I've owned 3 pairs in the past and have never been disappointed. Good quality, comfortable, and definately lasted long enough to say I got my use out of them.

BTW,

Me and a friend went up to the trail on 138 we rode on this past Sunday. We got there and a ranger told us there was a ralley (sp?) going on with 200+ riders between the Pinicals and Deep Creek. Luckily we hadn't even unloaded our bikes. So we went back and parked on the side of 15 at the exit just south of 138 and rode from there to the lake and back which was fun but not as good as the deep creek trails. Got done with that around noon, headed south, had lunch, then rode at Elsinore from about 3:00-6:30. A GREAT day of riding!!!!! Desert season's coming up fast!! You have to make it out to Ocotillo Wells with us sometime!! I think you'll like it there.

------------------

Khris

"What's that?"

"It's a Yellow 99' YZ400!!"

Ron,

I'm really happy with my "flex force" boots. They've held up well this entire year. I didn't want them too stiff, so got the traditional soles. I was told the replacable soles were very stiff. In retrospect, I might have gotten them. The boot hasn't broken down much at all and fit MY foot well from day one.

Cheers, Mojo

I use these boots, as well as the armored

Sidi Vertebrae for road racing and the

cheap waterproof Sidi's for road riding.

This is my first dirt boot, but I can

say I've broken off some pretty good

branches with my feet and walked home.

Not very flexible, though, despite the

name. Similar to a mountaineering "flex"

boot.

And all Sidi plastic plated boots squeak.

You get used to it.

-Ken

squeak, squeak, squeak...

I killed my Tech 5s and my feet last month. I bought Sidi Flex Force SRS boots Saturday.

The decision was easy after asking opinions, reading tests(thanks Ron)and trying them on.

For me, the Sidi is the easiest to get on and off. The sole of the SRS model is VERY stiff. This is also good for me. When I do something stupid(jump an XR650R 16ft high, 50-60ft in distance and land in the flats) ? I won't kill my feet. The non SRS sole is not as stiff. The Sidi ankle area is hinged so there is no break in required. The SRS sole has no overhang, rocks etc. will scar the toe area. The toe area is lower than Tech8s so I don't have the shifting trouble my friends with Tech8s do.

Hope this helps,

Kevin

[This message has been edited by gtms34 (edited September 24, 2001).]

Kevin,

Thanks for the info. Where did you end up purchasing these things? I have had a hard time finding them here locally, so I'm thinking about buying on-line. I would prefer to try them on first if possible.

How about keeping that XR650 a little closer to the ground? It's easier on the feet, not to mention everything else.

------------------

N 33'41.156" W117'59.749"

HelmetCam Videos

Ron,

I drove out to Chapparal to get them. I called everyone from LA to San Clemente. I could not find anyone who carried Sidi. :D I wasn't comfortable ordering online because I didn't know how their sizes run. Good call for me. My Tech5s are 10. My Sidis are 11. Same was true of Tech8s. BTW, I called them first to check stock, they said no problem. Wouldn't ya know it, they didn't have what I asked for when I got there. ? So I have Black/Red instead of all black.

As for keeping the XR closer to the ground, I've got to remember the law of inertia. How's it go..... weight(XR) in motion tends to stay in motion unless acted upon by an outside force (brakes). Yea, it's coming back to me now.

See ya,

Kevin

ron,

had an old pair of sidi's...all leather...my first boots (got them cheap.) liked them so much i finally broke down and got some new boots...tae flex 2 boots srs... love them... they tend to rub holes in the back of my socks, but other than that and the squeak, i love them!!! awesome support!!!

xrrace36

18/m/PA/cr200f & wr400f