CRF150 Black Plastics

munchieu, that aint true. (hey that rhymed!) ive had black plastics for a whole season now, and dropped my bike plenty of times. it still looks close to brand new. all you do is just armor all it. here is a pic of it. i havnt ridden since that pic so its up to date. http://photobucket.com/albums/d21/messinwitya/?action=view&current=mydirtbike3004.jpg

Duh! :bonk: Your right... the pics are of his 250, I guess I got confused ? when I seen what he listed in his signature.

Any way I'm looking for black backgrounds like he has on his 250.

What can I say I want to be just like him when I grow up!! ?

I was working on a KX250. Completely rebuilt the engine and was putting it all back together. The guy who owned is a buddy and he came in and just let me do my thing and he started working on other stuff... to amke a long story short, I didn't see what all he was doing, but I had put new tires on his bike for him - and he had put them back on the bike........

I went out for the first test ride and it's on an actual county road (deserted two lane). As I slowly rolled around the corner onto the street going about 10mph ZZZzzzzzzz Ka-WHAMMMMMM SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

The ZZzzzzzzzz was the rear tire and front tires sliding on the pavement. The Ka-WHAMMMMMMMMMMMM was me hitting the ground on his bike with new plastic and graphics and me in shorts. The SCREEEEEEEEEEEEEE was the sound of his lever, handlebar ends, plastic, rear axle grinding on the ground.

I got up as I was rolling and the first thing I said (in the dark as we finished at night was) YOU DIDN'T ARMOR ALL YOUR FREAKING WHEELS DID YOU???!!!!

He put armor all on the entire wheels to make them look good. I'm standing there with a chunk out of my knee and scraped up hands. I have to back in and put on a new lever, new grips, try to salvage his graphics and plastic and he's like.... ohhh dude. Sorry...

Hahaha. That stuff is terrible if you have to do test rides. Armor All and hard ground don't mix.

I was just doing the first crank up putt around never going to go over 5-10 miles per hour. Ride it slowly up the street, and then back and shut her down to cool off and check over. Never got that far... hahaha it's funny now thinking back. I was in total shock!

MP

Duh! :bonk: Your right... the pics are of his 250, I guess I got confused ? when I seen what he listed in his signature.

Any way I'm looking for black backgrounds like he has on his 250.

What can I say I want to be just like him when I grow up!! ?

im quite flattered. lol, i was just showing you that black plastics will look great, and stay looking great if you keep up with them. i got my black backgrounds from one industries. i dont think they make one for the 150/230, but it seems like others do. good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hey THANKS Tiki,

I ordered the Side panels from maier and preprinted backgrounds from Factory Backing the "Bolt series" I just finished putting the backgrounds on the new plastics!! It Looks so awesome! the best I've seen yet ? what can I say!! ? I can't wait to get em on the bike! I think I'll just keep em on my bookshelf (Ha!) I don't want to mess them up!!! Look for Pic in my garage soon!!!