My W400 1/4 mile times

I took my 2001 model WR400 out to the drags last week. It ran a best time of 13.7 @ 90mph, crossing the line I was on the rev-limiter.

That was with the standard 14 tooth front sproket, so this week I decided to fit a larger 15 tooth front sproket and see how it went.

With the new sproket on, I ran a best time of 13.6 @ 92mph. At the beginning of the night I was running 13.7 @92, but eventually I got the launch right (2nd gear, heaps of revs and slip the clutch. Front wheel is prolly 1/2 a foot off the ground till just after the 60ft mark.). I reckon that I could probably have gotten a 13.6 out of my 14 tooth sproket as well however.

Im going to go back to the 14 tooth. Its better acceleration (easier wheelies too!) and suits the kind of riding I do. The 15 tooth was good for commuting, as the bike didnt rev as much when cruising along.

There was a bloke there on his 2003 model Husaberg FE400, I dont know exactley what times he was running, but I reckon he must have been in the mid 14's considering how far behind he was after crossing the line. ?

WR - 10, Hussaberg - 0. ?

If anyone is interested here are my list of mods and jetting stuff:

2001 Aussie spec WR400. Airbox lid removed, FMF Powercore IV.

Sea Level, with JD jetting kit, red needle 5th clip from top, 45 pilot, 75 pilot air, 168 main, 200 main air, 2.5 turns out on the fuel screw.

Cool, I always wondered what dirtbikes would do at the drag strip.

Witch do you think would win in a race, my tt-r 125 with a blue power band or my freind's crf 150 with a k&n filter? J/K

vmaxcbr900wr426 i was thinking the marcus thing myself.

as soon as his new back tyre is on he should time her down the strip, against the xr80

vmaxcbr900wr426 i was thinking the marcus thing myself.

as soon as his new back tyre is on he should time her down the strip, against the xr80

My buddies and I are thinking of getting supermoto tires for our kids PW50's so they can drag race down the block. 1st one to launch the neighbors flower garden at full throttle wins. ?