DRZ-E runs great till 3/4 throttle then dies!

I have a 2002 drz400e that I bought that was sitting for about 2 years. To get the bike to run I took the carb apart and gave it a good cleaning. The bike now starts fine in any kind of weather. The bike runs perfectly normal without any missing or backfiring if you never turn the throttle past 3/4 of a turn. The bike will wind out to max rpms just fine at below 3/4s but above 3/4s it is like some one hit the kill button. The motor will shut down completely and not start running again till you go back below 3/4s throttle.

The carb has all OEM parts still installed and the bike looks like brand new.

Thanks for your time.

if your looking for a knee jerk responce from a non-fcr expert.... And being its a Sunday- and you want to play with it NOW...

I'd check everything over again. Instantly I think main jet is blocked- or its not there... Or your Main Air jet is blocked.

If its been sitting for 2 years make sure the thing is getting NONE of the old fuel. You may have completeley drained it -good. Check the float ensure its not Sticking.

If gas was left in the float bowl for two years?? You will want to check things twice. Probably fine- just needs to be cleaned and RIDDEN! good luck- more help will come.

I just ordered an fcr and hope to get more familiar with its inners. Oh and big wheelies.

Where in TX ya at?

Needle cap not installed,wrong needle clip position, main jet blocked, loose, missing. It's a carb issue.. so start there, remove, disassemble, check all the fuel/air passages, take a good look at the jet passages for blockage, reinstall all parts, Bet the issue goes away ?

I had the same style thing happen on my street bike. Took the carbs apart kept looking with no answer. Finally I decided to see if the feul pump wasn't delivering at a good rate so I had it feed into a glass jar. What did I find? WATER! When the throttle was full open it ended up pulling water from the tank that I didn't realize was in there. It wouldn't hurt to check that. Assuming your highspeed jet is in good condition and you don't have any holes blocked in your needle passage as well as a good diaphram, you should be good.

Holy run on sentence.

I have ran three tanks of gas over the past 2 months with hope that the carb would just start working on its own. It looks like it is time to take the carb apart again for another cleaning. At the same time I will change the jet size because of the factory lean problem I have been hearing about.

I had a similar problem after my bike sat for to long. It ran great until I opened up the throttle then it fell on it's face and died. I took the fuel bowl off the carb and it was full of crud and a the main jet was plugged. I cleaned it all out and haven't had a problem since.