Need Info on an '02 YZ 426....

Hey All!!! I bought a 2002 YZ 426 a while back, and then had a pretty bad street bike crash. I can't start it now, My ankle won't take it. Is there anything I can do to make this thing easier to start. I did a search in this forum, and I heard about the '03 exhaust cam. I also found out I need to check the Valves, as they will make it hard to start if they are out of spec.

Is there anything else I can do to make it easier to start? Aside from selling it for something with electric start?

Thanks for the help!!!

the '03 450 cam mod wont make the bike easier to kick over, you just eliminate the need for a decomp. handle ...

assuming you´re skilled at the starting routine, why dont you do like all the guys with the kick lever on the left side (Husaberg etc.) stand with both legs on the same side and kick with the "wrong foot"?

You Guys Rock!!!!! That did the trick. I stood on the right side of the bike, and kicked with my left foot. Started right up 3 times in a row!!

Thanks for the help!!

You might also try a Pro Tec kick starter, I have one on my fiancee's 250F, its 1.5 inches shorter than a stock kicker. Using a Pro Tec kicker may help you, so your left leg doesn't have to stretch as far.

The throw would be shorter if you got one, but it would take away leverage and make it harder to kick over. Just something to think about.

Actually they stick out a bit farther and change the way you kick the bike over. It doesn't make it any harder, even though they are shorter. The leverage issue was a concern when I bought one for my girl, but she says it's 100 times easier to start with it.