426 Kit

I'm wondering if I have a bore kit in my YZ426. The shop I bought it from said they didn't know. I have 52/178 jets which is much higher than everyone elses on the forum that I see. So, its kinda has me wondering why it's running so great given the size jets. That's why i'm wondering if there is a way to check without going to all the trouble of taking the head off. The cylinder said 426cc so unless the guy had it sleaved it can't be right?

A 52 pilot is huge. Are you sure it wasn't a 42? It may have a JD jet kit requiring a 178 main jet. Remove the top cover of the carb and the allen bolt on the top side of the slide and see it has a blue or red dot on the needle. If the needle has been painted blue/red that is a JD needle and would explain the main jet size.

Thanks for the info, i'll take a look at it and get back to you. I'm sure it's a 52. It was running lean but I realized the accelerator pump was in upside down ( the guy I bought it from or the dealer did that). ? Anyway, i'll check and get back to you, Thanks for the great information!