Help! Arm Pump

Hey,

Can any of you guys help me to get my arms into better shape. Yesterday I was at the track, and I could not do more than three laps before my arms exploded. I need help fast? Thanks.

Here is what I do:

1.Take 2 asprins

2.Take about 1200mg of potassium

3. If it is not a race, I ride the track for about 10 minutes, then take a ten minute break. Then ride hard.

4. Open up hands in air.

5. Drink alot of water, every day.

6. Balance on the pegs.

focus on gripping the bike 100% with your legs so you dont have to put as much effort into gripping with your arms

has anybody tried that pump X stuff???

never tried the pump-x but if you try it let us know how it works I always wondered if it was worth the money or just straight BS

go get a 5 pound barbell weight,a rope, and a peg of wood. tie one end of rope to the peg and another to the weight. hold your arms straight out infront of you and without bending your arms roll the weight up and down until you can't do it anymore. This is a great exercise. Also try to relax when you ride, nothing makes you faster than being completely comfortable and relaxed on the bike.

Will it help with XXX video's? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

i found out that This helps A bunch
go get a 5 pound barbell weight,a rope, and a peg of wood. tie one end of rope to the peg and another to the weight. hold your arms straight out infront of you and without bending your arms roll the weight up and down until you can't do it anymore. This is a great exercise. Also try to relax when you ride, nothing makes you faster than being completely comfortable and relaxed on the bike.

Yea i do that, Works real good!

My arms used to get pumped quite a bit, but all I did was ride until I couldn't physically hang on any more, then I ran another lap. You learn to hang on with your legs real fast. I also will eat like a madman after riding. After doing this for a few weeks, my strength has gone through the roof and my grip strength is like a gorillas. My forearms are noticeably bigger and stronger. I didn't even realize that I don't get arm pump any more until I saw your thread. :thumbsup: Nothing too technical here, just ride and eat a lot. It worked for me. :thumbsup:

i found out that This helps A bunch

Indeed. I have never had arm pump from dirtbikes or roadracing. I'm convinced it's because of an exercise I did for martial arts. I had one instructor that made us simply spread the fingers then clench into a fist. The initial goal is to do this 300 times, then up 100 at a time until you can do this 1000 times. When you first start, somewhere between 100 and 200 your arm will pump and it is very hard to continue but the key is to push thru the pump. This is pure speculation on my part but I believe that this exercise expands the sheath that surrounds the muscle and eliminates arm pump. Not a quick fix though.

Will it help with XXX video's? :thumbsup::thumbsup:

no, you just have a perverted mind

i got to weight lifting at school 3 days a week. but I have never gotten arm pump but doing the dumbbell with the string and peice of rope should work I've heard that before

I can't lift weights because that always makes me pump up. I just go out there and try to have fun, no pressure. Make sure you are always breathing, gripping with your legs and just flowing with the bike.

get into better shape plain and simple.

get into better shape plain and simple.

Word! :thumbsup:

Grip the bike with your legs.

Just quit death griping the bike. Instead of fighting the bike, flow with it.

Check your suspension as well.

i hear everyone gets it in their hands and wrists but i get it in my triceps especially my right

Riding a lot is the best thing. When you're practicing ride until they begin to pump pretty badly; :thumbsup: then take a 20 minute brake and massage the tightness out of them. By the third of fourth time they should be a lot better. If you can't ride often enough you may want to check out my Semics Forearm Developer on my website. You can easily find it from the home page: www.gsmxs.com :thumbsup: