Help! Arm Pump

go get a 5 pound barbell weight,a rope, and a peg of wood. tie one end of rope to the peg and another to the weight. hold your arms straight out infront of you and without bending your arms roll the weight up and down until you can't do it anymore. This is a great exercise. Also try to relax when you ride, nothing makes you faster than being completely comfortable and relaxed on the bike.

go get a 5 pound barbell weight,a rope, and a peg of wood. tie one end of rope to the peg and another to the weight. hold your arms straight out infront of you and without bending your arms roll the weight up and down until you can't do it anymore. This is a great exercise. Also try to relax when you ride, nothing makes you faster than being completely comfortable and relaxed on the bike.

Yea i do that, Works real good!

My arms used to get pumped quite a bit, but all I did was ride until I couldn't physically hang on any more, then I ran another lap. You learn to hang on with your legs real fast. I also will eat like a madman after riding. After doing this for a few weeks, my strength has gone through the roof and my grip strength is like a gorillas. My forearms are noticeably bigger and stronger. I didn't even realize that I don't get arm pump any more until I saw your thread. ? Nothing too technical here, just ride and eat a lot. It worked for me. ?

i found out that This helps A bunch

Indeed. I have never had arm pump from dirtbikes or roadracing. I'm convinced it's because of an exercise I did for martial arts. I had one instructor that made us simply spread the fingers then clench into a fist. The initial goal is to do this 300 times, then up 100 at a time until you can do this 1000 times. When you first start, somewhere between 100 and 200 your arm will pump and it is very hard to continue but the key is to push thru the pump. This is pure speculation on my part but I believe that this exercise expands the sheath that surrounds the muscle and eliminates arm pump. Not a quick fix though.

• Experts

Riding a lot is the best thing. When you're practicing ride until they begin to pump pretty badly; ? then take a 20 minute brake and massage the tightness out of them. By the third of fourth time they should be a lot better. If you can't ride often enough you may want to check out my Semics Forearm Developer on my website. You can easily find it from the home page: www.gsmxs.com ?