ATK fuel injection

Price is comparable if Yamaha jacks the price up $1k on the WR. I have no idea what Yamaha will do with the price. I just recall seeing that idea posted several times.

Didn't the ATK site say they bought Cannondale, not the other way around? So, it's an ATK bike in terms of being a non-lemon.

I got $7895rrp for the ATK offroad version. They do look good, but an Aprilia looks way better. They are FI'ed too!

I checked out Aprilla at the last bike show and that fact that its a FI'd V-Twin is kinda cool but it looked too space age and that most of the plastics would not last 5 minutes on the stuff I ride in the GREAT PACIFIC NORTH WEST.

Price is comparable if Yamaha jacks the price up $1k on the WR.
Yes, then the price would be the same :thumbsup:

The price of a PW50 is comparible to WR450 if yamaha jacks up the price on that as well! :thumbsup:

Didn't the ATK site say they bought Cannondale, not the other way around? So, it's an ATK bike in terms of being a non-lemon.

It has to prove it's self first...........

Just buying out a company doesn't make it a non-lemon. ATK say they have fixed Cannondales problems, but so did Honda with their engine issues.

The Cannondale bike was so crap, they went bust. Tough love for one of the really big bicycle manufacturers in the world.

I checked out Aprilla at the last bike show and that fact that its a FI'd V-Twin is kinda cool but it looked too space age and that most of the plastics would not last 5 minutes on the stuff I ride in the GREAT PACIFIC NORTH WEST.

Yeah, more of a show off bike than a hardcore trail bike. I think the same about the ATK!

Aprilia supermoto bike would be a nice addition to my garage, but that will never happen.

Someday I will own a Cannondale, I want one sitting in my garage... I'm fascinated by the whole venture by Mr. Montgomery and his dream. If I remember correctly Cannondale couldn't really figure out the mapping on the EFI on their backwards engines, or if they did it might have been too late. On paper the bike looks like a slam dunk.

Matty, dude, are you the master of taking things out of context of what? In America, we'd call you a liberal with that logic. You keep ignoring that I am pointing out what I read on this forum several times--Yamaha will most likely increase the price of the WR $1,000 if they add fuel injection. For all I know, they could decrease the price. I don't pretend to be an expert on this topic at all. But, the ATK and the WR would be price comparable if Yamaha was to increase the price.

You can disagree with whether Yamaha will do that or not. But, rather than just saying it, you have to throw in a personal jab. Why?

I'm done. Have at it.

But, the ATK and the WR would be price comparable if Yamaha was to increase the price.

Sorry mate, but that does sound silly. Of course they will be price comparible if they were the same price! What is your point?????

FI will be a fair way off yet for WR's anyway, don't hold your breath.

When we had a cannondale dealer here in town I rode one. It was kinda cool, I just thought build quality was really bad. The parts were top shelf, but fit and finnish was really bad

Matty, dude, are you the master of taking things out of context of what? In America, we'd call you a liberal with that logic. You keep ignoring that I am pointing out what I read on this forum several times--Yamaha will most likely increase the price of the WR $1,000 if they add fuel injection. For all I know, they could decrease the price. I don't pretend to be an expert on this topic at all. But, the ATK and the WR would be price comparable if Yamaha was to increase the price.

You can disagree with whether Yamaha will do that or not. But, rather than just saying it, you have to throw in a personal jab. Why?

I'm done. Have at it.

DB - adding FI would not cost $1k - the 06 Raptor isn't $1K more than the 05 and it has FI.

And yes, if Yamaha raised the price, ATK and the WR would be price comparable, but would the machines be comperable for the same price?

I rode a Cannondale 3 years ago they had a demo day at Ocitillo Wells I rode up and some guy asked me if i want to ride a new Cannondale AH YEAH! fuel injection was smooth I never noticed any hesitation the suspension (ohlins) was great the electric start worked great nice bike. I think it only has gotten better. What has ATK been doing .