Share your running from the Police stories

One Section of our riding spot overlooks the road. One day as we were riding thru the road visible trail a cop immediately came rushing thru the plastic gate and into the trail. Me and my friend ? ourselves and just pinned it down the 60 yard straight over to our big berm....and there he is sitting behind the berm.. We Pinn it all the way to my house ( quarter mile of highway riding on our CRF80s :bonk: ) Just as I run in close the garage door I see the guy pull up my street,get out,scope the place,and he got back in a nd drove away....that was last month and the last time i went riding in the trails there scince then....scared as hell to go back ?

I had been riding the trails on my TS-185 (yes it was that long ago). I had to ride about three blocks on the street to get from the trail to my house. I met the cop going down the street and saw him turn around to chase me. Well, i get the brainstorm to see how close i can stay to my house and lose him. I cut down a couple of alleys and yards pulled into my garage and sat under the proch watching him drive around looking for me for about thirty minutes. Lost him within a two block radius of my house.

Another time we were riding down a dirt road, by this time i had graduated to an RM-125, and met a state cop. He turned around to chase us so we pinned it for about 40-50 yards where we turned onto our trail. We got into the hills about 1/8th mile and shut our bikes off. The cop was sitting out on the road with his loudspeaker telling us to come out now he had the area surrounded ? . We just kept going down the trail went a back way home and never saw him again. These stories could go on all night, between me, my brother and my riding buddies the local cops used to be in our driveway every other night but my dad always held up for us (honest officer it was not my boys) and we never actually got caught.

? the police ? the police :bonk: em

WOW ARNT YOU MATURE!!!!! (by the way i like ur post count 420 lol)

I ran from the cops once and will never do it again,

k,first of all we live in a city with 2500 ppl so small town in the middle of no where, and we ride at a gravel pit across from my house, and my buddies go there all the time we built a track there and what not, and when i hear them riding over there i go there to c who it is and ride there with them (basiclly show them up cause its almost my track its right across from my house, i built the track, and ya u know the rest. (oh ya this was back when i was a quad rider too, thank god i changed)

well one day i was going over there with my modded out banshee, ton of money stuck into it, loud and fast as hell, and i went over there and theres a big opening and a cop was there talking to the guy, if i was going to getta ticket (which i know for a fact that i would not have) i wasnt going to get one just for going there for a second, so i went around him and just dashed for the snowmobile trail, made it to my buddies house in about 2 min wich was 2 miles away.

stayed there for half hr or so, went home, cop sitting in the driveway, AHH CRAP, pulled up got a bitched at, got a 250 dollar ticket (that was lowerd to 25 due to the fact that i never did anything wrong in my life involving the po po before this insident)

Moral of the story y run? big tickets, Great adrenaline rush, but if u need that go race ur quad/dirt bike. This was back when i was 13, im now 17 and i would like to say im alot more mature, but i still party every weekend (and we will leave the deffinantion of party up to you u can pretty much guess what a 17 year old kid does)

Well hope u liked and and mabye learned somthing

Billy # 180 Ride on!!!!

umm.. not on a dirtbike.. but the only run in i have with the police is because i had a bunch of hella lights (8 total, 6 on roof, and 2 on bumper) all on while going down the highway..lol. got pulled over.. he said you know those are illegal.. i said WHAT??.. and he let me go with a warning

Im only gonna share the best one..

I was riding the rear wheel up a hill thru my neigborhood, when I crested the hill a moto-cop was coming from the other direction an a fully dressed KZ-1000 he imediatedly did a 180 and began pursuit. this was when I was 12yo so it scared me bad and I pinned it, he was all over my back tire but I knew less than 1/2 mile the road dead ended and our trails started but before I got to that there was a pretty sharp curve and a sand wash right thru the middle of it, I hit it and flat-tracked right thru it and kept on, he hit it and lost it, high-sided and the bike tumbled and parts were flying off it everywhere! I stoped before I lost sight of him to see if he was OK and he was so I took off! I didnt ride again for a month for fear of being found because I knew he had to be really pissed after that and surely I was "WANTED" now. had the guy been injured I would have helped him.

I know its wrong and many folks have a problem with that so this thread could get ugly I guess, Im suprised it hasnt allready because these days there are so many self-righteous people who think it is there duty to enforce the law. they are pathetic if you ask me and even worse than the criminals in many cases.

most of my "outlaw" episodes were "back in the day", times have changed, and this behaviour is not as acceptable as it once was, not only that but many cops now are murderers and wouldnt think twice about killing a kid on a dirtbike or the inocent persons who are caught in thier crossfire. having said that, I now realize many more of them (cops) are the greatest members of our society and to those we owe a great deal of respect and admiration.

its a shame you put that last part ? cops suck! they are rutheless idiots!

and for my best story.me and a friend when i was 13 where riding down a wooped out trail on our 85s and a cop in an expidition started chasing us, so we took off like we alwas do. eventually the road came to an end and we thought the pig was gone, he got there about ten minutes later. we said hi, he walked over to us and we just took off. he was pissed. he ran to his car, he must have been blitzing those woops he was flyin, then my friends rear axle fell out ?:bonk::bonk:. damn. we both stopped he jumped out of the car and tackled him he was 12. any ways, the po called his dad and my friends dad got there and told him he was pressing charges because his son was all cut up. so the cop loaded the bike up and........ followed the kid and his dad home and dropped of his bike and it was done with, as for me, i took off!!! we werent very good friends. :bonk::eek: f*#k the po-lice!

I will not tell mine.... it was bad. ?

I will say, that I am glad that I did not get killed, or even worse get a police officer killed or a pedestrian. It was on my street bike when I was younger and very stupid. :bonk:

It involved speeds in excess of 150mph. :bonk:

Yes, I did get away, but I think it took ten years off my life. Shortly after this incident, bad karma came knocking and I had several nasty accidents.

Just stop and don't bullsh*t the officer. 9 out of 10 times you get what you put into your interaction with the law. If you choose to break it, take your licks like a man.

I seriously have thanked the gods on numerous occasions even to this day that no one got hurt. ?

We used to try and get the local sherrif's to chase us on dirt bikes. We had quite an elaborate trail system around my neighborhood. I never did get caught. Back then it wasn't that big of a deal. The deputies thought of it as a game - the same way we did. I had a couple of buddies get caught and sent home with a simple warning. Those were some fun times.

My best running from a cop story is just that, a 'running' from a cop story. This was in San Diego, around '84. I was in the process of being arrested outside a party for public drunkeness. The cop had me up against his car with my hands behind my back as he was reaching in his belt for his 'cuffs. I broke loose and bolted. This was back in my punk rock days and I was wearing some heavy Doc Martens (boots), not exactly running shoes... besides, I was drunk as hell. I made it about 3 blocks and then got real tired, so I started running around a parked car. That poor cop chased me around that car at least a dozen times. Finally I said "I quit" and sat down on the curb to catch my breath. The cop came around the car and sat down on the curb next to me, huffing and puffing, he told me, "Whew, you ran my legs off!" and just cracked up laughing. He ended up taking me to the drunk tank instead of jail and 4 hours later I was a free man, and still quite buzzed. ?

OK since this is public,

lets say I know this guy who prevented himself from being confronted by someone I confirmed on a later date was a cop on dual sport bike. I was riding in with a friend and a relative looking for a secret track that our neighbor built in the middle of the night.

The cop stopped my relative and grabbed on to his bike quickly and roughly. I thought it was someone causing trouble at first and I almost rode over there to help him. But then my friend noticed he was giving us the get out of here sign with his hand on the other side of his bike from the cop.

So we rode quickly away accross the rail road tracks that where close to the border between city and county land. Riding is now outlawed in our city. We saw the cop writing my relative a ticket and then he started looking for us. My relative said the cop was trying to get him to call us over, but he denied knowing us.

While this was going on we heard and then saw another DS cop very close to us. So we took off. We rode full speed about 10 miles into the county property and then went a back way to my relatives house.

So technically we didnt run from anyone, because we heard no sirens or voice asking us to stop or pullover. All I know is some guy on KLR was riding near us looking for something and he couldnt ride as fast as me!

I have to admit it was the funnest riding I have ever done and I would do it again. Those DS cops are a scam. They let their buddies who I know very well, ride in the same place without a hassle. But anyone they dont know get tickets for riding far from anyone and bothering no one.

My family is full of cops who ride and they all say F them.

I pull over and cooperate with all cops except for those weenies!

one day about 2 weeks ago me and my buddy took my yz400f(fast and 110db) and my sisters ttr125le(slow and quiet) out into the back of the housing tract. All our houses are up in the hills and there is this one hill right behind my house that is HUGE! Well the ttr couldnt make it up but the 400 could.lol I went to the top of the hill and when i made it to the top i hit the step up that is at the top and i flew right past a cop. I am a cadet for the fire department so i cant get in deep shit anymore. I pined for about 200yrds. It deadends after that.(shit!)(i knew it did but i had nowhere else to go) The cop is about 100 ft away and then he just stops! HE gets off his huge ass xr650 and yells......"If you can keep a wheelie goin to that jump ill let you go. I almost craped my pants. So i started to wheelie. I made abotu 120yrds doing the worst wheelie ever because i was so scared. He started to ride towards me fast..........i pinded it and hit the jump going back down the hill. I landed the jump (to my own amazment) and flew past my friend with the clutch in yelling PIG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We Both jetted back to my house put the bikes inside my house not the car room and got dresed. Im 6ft9 and joey is average hight. 2 hours pass and then i hear the doorbell. Joey goes to the door and a guy in jeans and t-shirt is standing there.joey is calmed down now and the guy asked to see a tall guy.

I come to the door and realized his face becasue he was wearing an open faced helmet. he said to me.............."if you ever ride back there again ill wright you up."

And then he said.........."i know your captin and ive seen you at the track ...........dont push your luck freeman."..........HE closed the door and left.

I never ride in my hills anymore. THAT COP WAS AWSOME!

When I was 14-15 years old, I would go back and forth through the middle of town pulling wheelies on my RM400, waiting for the cops to arrive. With less than 3000 people in the town, it was usually the CHP.

They'd chase me down pocket canyon, through the curves, until I'd get bored. I'd find a driveway and blast up it, or just up the pace to where they couldn't keep up.

The last time I did it, the CHP showed up in a 5.0 Mustang. He was doing a decent job of keeping up through the canyon, and I was having a blast. Until I rounded a blind corner only to find the road blocked by 2 other cop cars. ? To my right was a sheer rock wall that a trials rider wouldn't try to go up, and on the left was a 20 foot drop-off into the creek. I briefly considered stopping, but decided to jump into the creek. Luckily for me it was dry. I came within a gnat's eyelash of crashing, my front tire washing out in the gravel/sand as I landed. I looked back to see the open, disbelieving jaws of the 2 officers that had been out of their cars, guns drawn. I maneuvered up the creek for a short distance, found a deer trail leading out of it, and slowly made my way home.

The odd part of the story is that I think they knew exactly who I was. Not long after that the cops showed up at my house wanting to know if I'd been the guy roosting up someone's lawn. They said to my father "we know he has a big, fast, yellow bike, and it fits the description of the bike we're looking for". At the time, my bike hadn't been run in over a week, and was partially dismantled, so we showed them the bike in the garage and they left.

Personally I think they were having a good time chasing me through the canyon, but when they upped the ante with multiple cars, I decided no more.

I live in a small town and i ran from the cops more than once on my bikes i always got away except for once when they figured out who i was and came and got me out of school. They let me go with a warning. Now I'm a fireman in my home town and all the cops i used to run from all still give me sh_t about running from them on my bikes. I still ride but now i have a Dual Sport.

We used to try and get the local sherrif's to chase us on dirt bikes. We had quite an elaborate trail system around my neighborhood. I never did get caught. Back then it wasn't that big of a deal. The deputies thought of it as a game - the same way we did. I had a couple of buddies get caught and sent home with a simple warning. Those were some fun times.

?

I allways wondered if there were others like we were "back in the day" yep, we were so bored with riding sometimes we would hit the streets and go look for cops LOL (allways stayed near our trails of course) when we found one we would flip them off then take off! great fun yes but not recommended these days. I still havnt found anything that compares to "the chase" as far as an adreniline rush. this all when were were very young, my first chase was at age 8, the problem with our delinquent behavior was that it became an instant reaction for me in my adult life to run even when I really didnt do anything. also as the town grew so did the police force so it was no longer a hazzard county police dept with only a couple of goofy deputies.

somone else asked why we dont tell about the times we did get caught, OK:

the first time I got caught (8yo) I was two miles from home on my MR50 Elsinore and ran out of gas. the cop made me push it all the way home! other than that just a warning and told my parents but after that is when we started looking for them, I was mad about it! I also allways made sure I had plenty of gas just for the occasion after that.

the next was when I was 14, I didnt get caught technically but a girl ratted on me and they came to my house, still just a warning though but they tried to be cool and scare me about jail time and all but I just went along with it all the while knowing they were full of it.

then when I got a car the first time was also a mechanical failure.. I was ready to be gone but my car quit less than a block after the chase started! he didnt know mt car quit and thoughtt I was pulling over for him LOL

I doubt kids today can relate to this but in the mid 70s when dirtbikes were just getting bigtime we had as many as 20 unsupervised kids ripping up the trails/powerlines/ develpments etc., etc. all at the same time sometimes!

we rode literally everyday till it got dark and sometimes after dark, we often had campouts over night miles from home or anywhere with no adults! things really have changed, no way my kids get to do that and they dont have nearly as many riding buddies either.

I rode so much back then that the insides of my thighs would blister from squeezing the bike so much (control) never got tired back then either!

Im pretty sure guys like us are very rare, very blessed/lucky, and ofcoarse VERY Good (riders)

just remembered the worst experience while running for me was when I cut thru a dried corn field to escape, problem was I couldnt see thru the corn stalks, I got away but ran into a bob wire fence head on at probably 30mph! I went over it but it took two hours to get my bike unwrapped from it (no tools) did get cut up a bit but rode it all off (by the time I got it loose, in the dark with no headlight)

like I said iit will become a natural reaction, it took along time to outgrow but Ive found out that ussually (Ive had a few bad cop experiences) if you just pull over and tell the truth you willbe OK

the last time I got pulled over I was in (I'll just say a fast car) I did a four wheel drift at aprox 80mph thru an empty big red-light intersection turning right on red (legal here) at 2am one night and didnt let off accellerating well into tripple digits... cop was parked somewhere arround and saw me (or heard me) do it! by this time we have many cops and all with motorolas so I just decided to pull over and take it like a man.

he asked what the hell was wrong with me and how fast was I going? told him the truth, I just completely restored this (exotic) car and was just cought up in the moment of driving it for the first time, and I was probably going 75mph (not exactly the truth but admiting I was speeding) he could have took me to jail, instead (after running my licence) he came back and said you know there is a roadracing track just for that kind of driving not far from here dont you... I didnt tell hims thats actually where I was coming from) he said you should go there for test drives LOL thats where I was coming from and I had plenty of time there to explore the limits of the car and had gotten quite comfortable doing it, it just hadbnt worn off. (ok, I didnt exactly tell the truth but I didnt deny doing anything wrong either)

anyway, he ended up just letting me ride on a warning! I couldnt belive it! all I can say is just pull over and dont deny wrong doing! and if you think all cops suck, well thats not hardly even good enough to even mention as to why some are the best people on earth is all I can say. they can be the best and the worst people.

long read I know, I just happen to have alot of experience in this area, hope you enjoyed it, if not just dont be a hater.. I know Im lucky, hopefully you do too (That IS the KEY)

/ / / / /Stay Tuned and Safe motoring!

• Like 1

on my 01 rm 125, almost outta gas so i decided to head home. came to a road crossing, stopped, looked left, looked right and saw the pigs. i played like i didnt see him and went through the gears. next road i stopped , looked both ways, saw the lights outta the corner of my eye and gunned it again. still not making eye contact with the cops. last straght before my house i hit 6th wide open when it started to bog, outta gas!!

he pulled in front of me and i took my helmet off and said "hey there, didnt see you back there"

turns out all he wanted was to ask if i wanted to sell it cause his kid wanted one!

Hey Y'all,

I want y'all to know I am a police dispatcher for a state in the northeast. As I read the first post I was thinking how could y'all dare run from the police. Then I reminded myself that I have done it too. I got away with a warning and a laugh all the way home. Well I am requesting five dollars a day for the rest of your lives for me not to tell on y'all. I am checking all your backgrounds and I am going to tell unless. Hapyy evading, Tony

Hey Y'all,

I want y'all to know I am a police dispatcher for a state in the northeast. As I read the first post I was thinking how could y'all dare run from the police. Then I reminded myself that I have done it too. I got away with a warning and a laugh all the way home. Well I am requesting five dollars a day for the rest of your lives for me not to tell on y'all. I am checking all your backgrounds and I am going to tell unless. Hapyy evading, Tony

Not from me! Note I didn't discuss anything after I turned 18. ?