• 20-29
    • 30-39
    • 40-49
    • 50-59
    • 60-69
    • 70-79
    • 80-89
    • 90-99

94 wxe 350- when i was 25, i am now 40 and have a 2004 te 250 - have owned umpteen rice bikes in between , this te is the best bike i have owned to date :thumbsup: . will buy new in 07. :thumbsup:

Closing in on 50. First Husky was a '73 WR125 that I bought one year old. Since then a few, but certainly not exclusively. Three '74WR250's, '85WR400. I have always considered myself a Husky fan. Too bad about the Cagiva years.

I currently race a 250X and looked at the Husky TE250 before I bought. Closest dealer four hours away and $2500 less for the Honda. Dealer is one mile away and I can buy a lot valves for that $2500 difference. :thumbsup:

Closing in on 50. First Husky was a '73 WR125 that I bought one year old. Since then a few, but certainly not exclusively. Three '74WR250's, '85WR400. I have always considered myself a Husky fan. Too bad about the Cagiva years.

I currently race a 250X and looked at the Husky TE250 before I bought. Closest dealer four hours away and $2500 less for the Honda. Dealer is one mile away and I can buy a lot valves for that $2500 difference. :thumbsup:

I ride Swedish and Italian Huskys. Cagiva has brought a higher standard of quality to Huskys hands down. As for Honda/Husky prices.... in my area I can buy still buy leftover '04 and '05 TE250 and '04 and '05 CRF250X and Husky is cheaper. One dealer wants list for '04 CRF250X. Honda dealer is 3 miles away, Husky dealer is 132 miles away.... I ride Husky.

Norman

I ride Swedish and Italian Huskys. Cagiva has brought a higher standard of quality to Huskys hands down. As for Honda/Husky prices.... in my area I can buy still buy leftover '04 and '05 TE250 and '04 and '05 CRF250X and Husky is cheaper. One dealer wants list for '04 CRF250X. Honda dealer is 3 miles away, Husky dealer is 132 miles away.... I ride Husky.

Norman

I got a special price on my 05 250X, $4600 OTD. The Husky was almost $7K OTD. If I had to pay list or almost for the Honda, I wouldn't have bought it. I was racing a KTM200EXC and the Honda was too cheap, not to give it a try.

I love the Honda handling and suspension, works great out of the box for the tight woods racing we do. Motor is a little soft, but is good enough. I only have about 30 hours on my bike and the valves have only needed, one minimum adjustment. We'll see.....

I also have a 640 KTM Adventure that I DS quite a bit. I have been watching all the posts here and on Adventure Rider about the TE610. It may be my next DS bike, but not this year. And if my Honda turns to crap, like everbody seems to think they do, then I will revisit the TE250 again.

My comment about Cagiva had more to do with the dealer problems. We used to have several good Husky dealers in the area. Cagiva came in, changed the rules, parts were hard to come by and dealers disappeared. Some went out for good, other picked up KTM and continued on. Hard to get those old dealers back to Husky, they don't have fond memories.

53 & still ride my 82 430xc with Malcom Smith tank the most. 85 500 sits usually. 73 cr250 with a lower first gear put in so i could gear tall, was my first Husq. Rode a 360 dual range tranny thing in 1971 but not mine.

Hi from Poland Warsaw I'm born in 74 and get Te610 from 93;-)

Nice to meet You all;-)

Welcome :thumbsup:

Oh Yea, besides My NEW 06 TE450, I had mid 60's 360 Euro model, before they imported them over here. Backwards everything !! Broke My toe when She backfired and put the toes into the footpeg, found out later that it had a bad coil and would load up and then decide to fire.

Fun thing was going to find parts for Her, the dealer in Baldwin Park Kalifornia (Salsman ??) kept telling Us that they did NOT make them in that year, I would say they made them, Just NOT send them over here.

I also rode a friends WR250 in a DEZ race, OLD 2 shocker that gave Me fits, worn out Bing carb that would only run when it wanted too and clutch that would get too hot and NOT release, and When I looked down at the start line the front tire was flat, I did finish the race, but had some "Brown Shorts" from the down hills (flat tire/inop clutch/carb problems)

I also had the privledge of riding a Grieves (Spelling), leading link front suspension, again "backwards" controls, but thats another story.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rider - April 1966 (almost 40).

First Husky was a 1974 250 Mag - still have it and race it in AHRMA. All tricked out with new parts, swingarm, tripleclamp, ohlins, 38mm Mikuni - motor breathed on by the Stahls!

Also a 1979 CR390, a 1982 CR430, a 1982 420 Auto, a 1984 CR500, and a 2005 TC450. I love them all, and ride them all. Still race the 250 and the 430.

44 yrs. old

'72 450 wr Desert Master (dads)

'76 250 wr

'77 175 wr

'77 125cr

'78 360 wr (Dick Burlson Replica) Dick actually pulled this bike from inventory in Columbus, OH and installed the kit himself as I watched and helped.

'78 360 Auto (Dads)

'78 250cr

Unfortunately I was too young to appreciate them for what they were back then.

I was constantly wearing the Husky logo proudly to school and dared anyone to compare another bike to them.

If only I had a closer dealer. I still race every weekend and need to get parts quick.

I will own and race a Husky again! I think an '07 tc 450 will do!

44 yrs. old

'72 450 wr Desert Master (dads)

'!

That bike has the dubious distinction of being one of the worst Husky's ever built. A friend bought one new. Not slamming your ride, just a piece of history according to Super Hunky.

22 yrs old. Rode a xr100, xr250,wr250f,wr450f, now a 05 tc450. I love it, may never go back to jap bikes. Me and my dad have a few older huskys that are museum pieces that we ride a little every year. I restored 82 xc430, and a 82 wr250. dad used to race huskys alot in enduros and loves that fact i ride one now.

That bike has the dubious distinction of being one of the worst Husky's ever built. A friend bought one new. Not slamming your ride, just a piece of history according to Super Hunky.

We never had any problems with it. Of course it didn't have much suspension but it would fly! If you kicked it wrong it would kick back and let you know who was boss. We had a great time riding it! At idle you could actually count as it would fire the piston. Ping....ping....ping.....ping....... :thumbsup:

44 years. Young. 00' TC610. My second Husky after a 70 some 450 (was a used gift), back in the 80's.

I rode it today for the first time.....WHAT A BEAST :thumbsup::bonk:

Happy like a little kid.....memories coming back :thumbsup:

age 31 have had a 79 250cr, 81 and 82 420 auto the 81 had the sweet fox forks,desert tank,and preston petty front and rear fender, 85 250cr now 04 te 450, 05 te 510 both plated , and my 5 yr old has an 02 husky boy 50, had a few jap bikes on and off road, and a couple of ktms mixed in their also.