Sign in to follow this  

Burned's way FCR-MX installed!

Just got my FCR in the mail - merry xmas to me! Question about the pilot air screw - its under the bell, I am assuming that it is the screw sticking out more on the left. Is that right? Take it out to 5/8 turn then?

BIGMO,

I did the FCR mod along with a couple of other things (intake and exhaust hotcams, 436 Athena Big Bore, Full Yosh, and K&N filter)to my '05 SM. I also have a KTM 525 SMR that I race in WERA. After those mods, the SM is much closer to the SMR. I live here in Atlanta as well. I have a buddy that has a KTM 625 SMC and we ride all over. PM me and maybe we can go for a ride.

Mike

Thanks Burned. Just wanted to make sure I was turning the right screw before I buttoned up the bell.

Should I be going to a smaller pilot?

It kind of concerns me that I can turn the fuel screw all the way in and it doesn't stall/sputter.

Is is possible that the Zip-Ty fuel screw has something to do with it?

mkinzer, How often do you guys ride and where do you go? I would love to tag along some time.

The idle sounds the same from 1 1/4 turns out to all the way in. The idle only drops if I turn it out 2 turns.

I think I am going to put the stock fuel screw back in this week to eliminate one possibility. Hopefully I can do the change without pulling the carb.

We usually ride on the weekends or after work. We mainly ride on the west side of town. We live in Douglasville. We also go to Deals Gap quite often. It's kinda fun to pass a 100+ hp sport bike on the brakes or in a corner at the Gap. :thumbsup:

Figured it out. It WAS the ZipTy fuel screw. I took it out and compared it to the stock one from the FCR and it is a tad shorter from thread to tip.

The only thing I am thinking about now is...did I get the right one? I just assumed that the newer style FCR and the FCR-MX have the same screw.

Maybe I'll never know. The bike runs great...2 turns out as Burned suggested. Idles fine and starts easy.