Sign in to follow this  

Husky goes to Dakar '07!

Hello Sir,

yes call Rob at 760.985.7895 or Mike direct. Mike might be sleeping right now but try anyway, you might get his voice mail but keep trying.

do you know where the racers are located?

I'll be following up with contacts here as well.

also what's your phone/cell number? with country code. thanks denise

Hello obgod3,

go ahead with the calls. We might have this guy in Spain but any additional help is always good. I know it's late, please apologize and send our regards. thanks so much. denise

Ill make the calls, doing that now, if he needs parts I know folks that might be able to get them but could be a problem on a Sunday in Europe. But I will call.

So whats up with the crew?

This Y piece can be replaced with a lot of car heater hose connections,good luck.Try for a metal connection,better than plastic.

Good evening guys,

YOU ARE TOTALLY AWESOME!!! I mean that. Well Mike may have support in Portugal but nothing rocks like the support online from ya'll.

thanks again, denise

Ill make the calls, doing that now, if he needs parts I know folks that might be able to get them but could be a problem on a Sunday in Europe. But I will call.

So whats up with the crew?

First two guys in Switzerland have the same issue, no parts tomorrow on Sunday. Both had a good idea of Mike asking locals for Rad hoses from cars, lots of small cars arounds there and they think most folks would be more than willing to help because of the populatity of the race.

Got a couple more to call, see if they have friends in the area...not likely but Ill call anyway.

Hello Puncar Thogoole,

I'll work on this end. I know this is alot to ask but can you keep your phone by you and I'll work on getting Mike connected to you. thanks denise

Hello obgod3,

can you send over any help in dialing from the US using the phone number that Puncar sent over. or just call him direct if you can and I'll get Mike on the phone here. thanks denise

Hello obgod3,

can you send over any help in dialing from the US using the phone number that Puncar sent over. or just call him direct if you can and I'll get Mike on the phone here. thanks denise

If you want to call 0034 952783689 from the US, you need to dial 1-011 then the number, I am not sure if you need the two 00's before the 34 but try it both ways. YOull need the 34 but not sure about the 00

Let me know if it works MY US number is 3033571590

I gotta go get the kids dinner, be back in a few

Hi Guys,

thanks so much. Rob is on the phone with Mike Kay's wife, Sabina who is so very grateful for all the help and support. Rob, myself and Sabina know that races are not won alone but always with the help of other faithful enthusiasts.

You are all awesome. We cannot get ahold of Mike just yet but we will keep trying to call, he might be asleep and not able to hear the phone but we'll keep trying.

if anyone does get through give Mike the number listed above.

and we'll keep these lines open. thanks again, denise

Hey sorry, the five folks I called had no way to help, no one they knew was nearby and no parts on a Sunday...sorry.

Also if Mike is going to call that number with a US based phone he may have to try several ways, dial +0 and the number or he can try 011 and the number or the number direct or just 0 and the number, depends on the service and network he is on. sometimes 001 works also.

OMG !!! what a f**k is going on with is support team ?!? :crazy::lol::eek::(

I was sleeping and woke up (as usual i woke up several times during a night...its the way i'm build) and read all this !!! unbelievable :p

Try to check if you find a store that sells "contrução civil" parts to find a Y connector made of black plastic as a fix... if the Y connector is a bit thicker than it should, remove all necessary rad tubes from rad/engine, use lots of WD-40_like stuff or chain lube to lube rad tubes and Y connector and use brute force to insert everything and align them in correct position...or you might want to boil tubes to make them "softer" and easier to insert...them install everything back...sorry if nothing of this works, i'm writting this very sleepy :confused:

The "construção civil" store might also have Y connectors made of metal, even possibly SS or yellow metal...the problem is that is sunday and usually everything is shut down....

WAIT...there is a store from AKI in Portimão !!! (Bricolage stuff it might have the Y connectors) here is their data:

AKI

Adress:

Retail Park de Portimão -Loja B

Vale de Arrancada, Chão das Donas

8500-473 Portimão

TELF: +351 282 490 220

FAX: +351 282 490 220

Day Opens Closes:

Sunday: 09h00 13h00

Payment: Cash, Multibanco, Master Card, Visa, American Express, Aurora, Eurocard.

Sorry, my brain doesn't properly when i woke up suddenly and right now i don't have more ideas :confused:

If Mike phone number is a US number and if you are in Portugal using a Portuguese phone number you need to dial +01 or 0001 and then he's number.

If Mike phone number is a US number and if you are in Portugal using a Portuguese phone number you need to dial +01 or 0001 and then he's number.

Thanks I forgot to type the "1"

FWIW, AKI stores usually also have a kinda of simplified DIY shop inside them for the customers do easy jobs...with a bit of luck, *maybe* they can allow him to carry the tubes inside the store and use "shop" to insert them in the Y connector.

Hello AJSB,

thanks for the email. We are so glad that you have crazy sleeping habits, makes for great men.

ok, well the latest is that we're waiting for a call from Mike.

Rob sent him a text and voice message so hopefully he'll just call.

keep your ears on and we'll talk soon.

where are you located in Portugal? anywhere close to where the racers are located right now? denise