Sign in to follow this  

Ridiculous

it seems everywhere i go to buy a bike their prices are outrageous....so far the lowest price otd for an 06 kxf250 was 6,500 and the highest 6,800 otd......it's crazy but im still looking

I bought mine at JD powersports in Caro MI. $5800 otd. The best price I could find in MI.

I did, went well, only problem is getting in contact with them if you have a problem. I have had a problem with them not responding in attempt to get my updated manual from kawasaki. I have sent 3 emails and still no reply.

Yeah, ridiculous, what do people need local shops for anyway. We should buy everything on line and get rid of them all. For a couple hundred bucks, I don't need a facility where I can go see real parts and real people. I don't need a place to take my stuff back when problems arise or get advice, from someone dealing with the bikes I ride all day. Who needs that? :thumbsup:

Yeah, ridiculous, what do people need local shops for anyway. We should buy everything on line and get rid of them all. For a couple hundred bucks, I don't need a facility where I can go see real parts and real people who dont know anything about mxbikes. I don't need a place to take my stuff back and have someone tell that i cant get a refund when problems arise or get advice that is completely pointless and is somthing i already know, from someone dealing with the bikes I ride all day but doesnt know s*** about them. Who needs that?, nobody does :thumbsup:

it should be more like this.personally, i order everyuthing from the internet....i hate going to store and dealers. If somthing wrong with ur part just return it. I mean, i like going to store that only sell parts and gear but the people wo work at dealers that sell bikes are snobs, and they dont know nothing exscept how to get money from you.

Ahhh, dont let a hundred dollars come between you and your dream bike. Just go get the kx250f, you wont be dissapointed.

Sounds like you guys got some crappy dealers back there. I guess I've been lucky, all the dealers I've dealt with around here have had knowledgeable people who helped me get the right stuff and made it right if there was a problem. I've had them go to the shop on their day off and bring me parts at the race track, more than once. Just a couple months ago they pulled a fender off a brand new bike for me so my son could race, lets see you get that from an Internet store. I've looked around on the Internet too, but by the time I pay shipping, the price at my shop is within a couple percent.

Try Loomis Cycle in NW In. 219 942 0548 or Maple City Cycle in Goshen In. 1 800 KAW RACE

just call honda east toledo you can get one shipped to you for abot 5700 otd. just talk to scott johnson in the internet department. ext. 45. phone # is 419-891-1230 :thumbsup:

I live on one of the most expensive states (taxachusetts) and I got my 05 in april of 05 for $5000 otd. $6500@#$#$ what are they smokin? :thumbsup:

I did, went well, only problem is getting in contact with them if you have a problem. I have had a problem with them not responding in attempt to get my updated manual from kawasaki. I have sent 3 emails and still no reply.

If you send 3 emails and you don't get a reply, please pick up the phone. There may be an issue receiving your mail. We do employ a number of measures to keep junk email/viruses at bay and from time to time a good email can get thrown out w/ the bad. Email is good, but not perfect. The phone number can be found here: http://oem.thumpertalk.com. Harry will get you handled. :thumbsup:

Honda ot Toledo,5199 otd can't be to far from you it's at the corner of indiana michigan and ohio.

Sounds like you guys got some crappy dealers back there.

I think it's a local dealer thing, I'm in mid MI, and my local Kawi dealer is great, small but it's nice being on a first name basis with the owner and his wife. I was OTD for 5800.

I think it's a local dealer thing, I'm in mid MI, and my local Kawi dealer is great, small but it's nice being on a first name basis with the owner and his wife. I was OTD for 5800.

What dealer is that?

I'm with Kevin McGrath on this one. My local dealer and I are on a first name basis, and the parts guy, is knowledgeable and friendly. He orders things like oil/air filters without even asking me knowing that I'll be by before too long.

The problem as I see it is that not too many people are patient enough to spend the time and/or money building a relationship with one local shop. It does pay off in the long run, I can't beat the deals I get locally even on-line.