Sign in to follow this  

'06 body work on '04 2T?

Anybody tried putting 2006 two stroke bodywork on an '04? How far off are the tabs? Do all parts have to be replaced, or can the new stuff be massaged into fitting? I'm kinda getting a hankering to have a red cr/wr 125 (167?).

BTW, has anyone built a 167 yet?

The tank is the only problem on the 04 to 06 switch. It can work with relocating the bottom tank mount and you have to weld a new mount to the top of the frame. But even when that is done the backbone of the frame doesn't mount-up to the tank very well down by the air box. Once the tank is in place everything else fits just fine.

CR/WR 167

I was planning on going 167, but chickened out. I just could get past the idea of overheating down here in the south. It may have worked great and never overheated but I just couldn't pull the trigger.

I did end up going with a 144cc kit from Eric Gorr. I've had it for about 3-4 weeks or so. The first test ride was last weekend and the test didn't last long. The jetting was lean and the gearing was to low and I didn't want to kill the engine on the first ride. I have yet to put a good ride on it since I rejetted and made the gearing change. What I can tell you, from riding around the house, the lowend is great and still pulls well up top. It should make a great tight woods bike and I shouldn't have to clutch nearly as much. The bike will easily pull 2 & 3 (geared 13-49/50) without the extra clutch work. Once I get out and put a good test on it (30-40 miles) I will post my ride report.