Anyone know where I can get an aftermarket pipe for 1995 xr250

I/ve been going nuts trying to find a pipe to replace the cobra pipe I have on it now (WAY TOO LOUD) Plent of options for 1996 and newer, but cant find one for a 95....I dont want to put the cork back in her by putting the stock pipe back on...Anyone have any suggestions for either a replacement pipe or a way to quite the cobra...I rather buy a new pipe, I trieed opening the cobra to see what it looked like and I just could not get inside no matter what I tried.........Thank in advance

Thanks for the heads up on the LOUD supertrap....the purpose of the new can is to quite it up without losing any ponies..compared to the cobra I have now...As luck would have it, I found a FMF megamax II will also fit 95 and older xr 250....Anyone now if Im going to have the same results as the supertrap with the FMF being real Loud also? Its only $239.00

here's the link if anyone wants to take a look...Cut and paste..

http://www.motocrossgiant.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=FMF612&CartID=1

The picture in the link is the Power Core rather than the Megamax silencer. The Megamax is similar to a Super Trapp with removeable discs but oval in shape. They do mention an optional quiet core. Thumper Racing used to offer a Stealth tip you could insert in place of the end baffle on Honda stock mufflers. It was a small glass packed tip with a turn down end. I had one on a XR600R that was reasonably quiet at worked very well for giving a power boost.

I have the megamaxII on my 95. I like it a lot! Got my bike rejetted at the shop with the recommended number of plates and it nice! I've always had the quiet core thing inside, and its pretty quiet compared to a lot of the pipes out there, or other guys I see in the forest with loudashell 450's. It's not whisper quiet, but not really loud either.

I/ve been going nuts trying to find a pipe to replace the cobra pipe I have on it now (WAY TOO LOUD) Plent of options for 1996 and newer, but cant find one for a 95....I dont want to put the cork back in her by putting the stock pipe back on...Anyone have any suggestions for either a replacement pipe or a way to quite the cobra...I rather buy a new pipe, I trieed opening the cobra to see what it looked like and I just could not get inside no matter what I tried.........Thank in advance

I would send an email or call The TT Store. I' sure they can tell you your options on whats available.

The SuperTrapp can is really loud..... really loud......

I have repacked it 9 ways to Sunday and that thing still barks quite a bit.

Just thought I would let you know. ?

It is loud if you pick the IDS2 RACE series like i have. If you go with the IDS2 QUIET series, its a lot quieter. I like it loud though adn teh noise doesn't matter all that much up here where i live. Canada isnt as anal about their noise polution as the states is. GO CANADA GO ?:bonk::bonk::bonk:

Hey guys.Thanks for all the input....Turns out Al Bakers XR's only has a pipe for the 95 xr 250.....I tried to order the FMF megamax 2...but the store that advertised they had them, no longer carry them, so I called FMF and they dont manufacture the pipe anylonger....I think im gonna be happy with the Al baker pipe, if it's not quiet enough they have the quiet core insert for it....By the way,off topic but well worth the mention... if you dont have the aloop seat tank combo on your old xr ...you got to get it...I just slapped it on last week It's like a brand new bike....unbelievable difference in overall appearance and feel...But beware, if your trying to put it on a 95 or older (non aluminum frame) your gonna need to do some minor frame modifications....But not a big deal and very well worth it...when I get done with this bike I'll post some pics......Looks and feels more like a 05 crf250x than an 95 xr

wow those seat/tank kits are buck$$$$!

not sure if I could justify spening that much dough on my 95...that's probly why manufacturer's don't make tons of aftermarket parts for us tho ?

Bust on the FMF not being made anymore...but I'm sure youll be happy with whatever you go with...XR's only has some nice stuff as I understand it