Newly Designed DR-Z???

I am in the market to purchase a dr-z400s and I have driven it and love the bike my only question is does anyone know if suzuki plans on remodeling the dr-z line. I just don't want to go out and buy the bike and the following year they release a newly designed one. I think either way I will enjoy the bike.

The DRZ has been around a long time and as you can see from the polls about the DR build, you either love it or hate it. You have to decide what kind of bike you want, and if you buy it what kind of modifications you are going to make to it, if any.

I love mine, and I'll have it for a long time. Theres so much you can do it to, its as fun to build as it is to ride. There are other options out there that are cool (like the huskys), so basically its up to you.

No help, huh? ?

Yea I am pretty sure I am going to go with the drz no matter what, it doesn't really compare to my 02 crf450r but its a completely different type of bike. I am trading in my 01 660r raptor for it in the near future. I want a bike to basically drive to work (20 mins) and hit up the trails and pipelines occasionally.

I doubt Suzuki has anything in the works. None of the other mfgs appears willing to step up to the plate, so they'll let what they got ride.

As an aside, I think all the mfgs are looking closely at the adventure bike segment and in particular, sales of the 650cc twins from Suzuki and Kawasaki and whether the new Aprilia v-twin establishes a beachhead. My guess it that the new major investment in new dual-sport technology will be a 450cc-650cc twin, not a single.

- Mark

The d/s market is sort of quiet as far as new models. For example, the KLR is over 20 years old w/o a signficant change. The DRZ is about 6. There doesn't seem to be any serious pressure at this price point although BMW has come up with a new twin to replace the F series, but that'll surely be a $9k bike.

I don't see why Zook should bother to change the DRZ w/o competition hurting its sales just like Kwak won't update the KLR. I do think that Zook could rule the segment if it tried hard enough - say a 500 cc twin at 300 lb with a large tank and good seat, but it doesn't seem to be interested. Instead, it's going with the flow sort of competing in the cruiser (gah) market and really kicking ass in the hyper sportbike area.

Thanks for all the input guys, definitely answered my questions, I am just used to the motocross world where every 2 to 3 years your bike is basically outdated so when I looked into the drz and that it has been same for 6 years basically with minimal changes I was just wondering. I can't wait to get the drz and start modding.

i SERIOUSLY DOUBT THAT THE BIG s would EVER DO SOMETHING SMART LIKE A 450cc S MOD W/PRIM FRAME INVERT FORKS AND A TIRE THAT WORTH A BUCK, BUT AS i SAID BEFORE "THE BUILD BIKE" SHOULD BE OF THIS MATTER. i LOVE MY DRZ AND HAVE RODE LOTS OF DIFFERENT BIKES. yES IT WOULD BE NICE IF IT WAS 30 LBS. LIGHTER AND STOCKED 10 MORE HPs BUT ALL AND ALL IT IS THE MOST VERSATILE BIKE ON THE MARKET. pUT A AFTERTHEFACT PIPE ON IT AND YOU WILL BE SURPRISED JUST HOW FAST YOU CAN CRACK SOME SPEED AND HANG WITH SOME OF THOSE OFF RODE BIKES ? ps: WHILE THEIR LOADING UP YOU ? JUST RIDE OFF INTO THE SUNSET

If you want the ultimate DRZ...don't worry about the factory. Not even a rumor of an updated dual sport. Don't expect to see one for a while.

But I know that the hottest drz on the planet will be up for auction later this summer or fall...if you want to wait that long to take a chance bidding on it. ?