Sign in to follow this  

1996 klx250 problem

I have a 1996 klx250 I am trying to rebuild.The bottom end was already together.I have the head and cylinder.Who ever owned it before had the cylinder bored out and I noticed that it had stroker 340 on the seat and fender,I'm not sure what that means.I decided to go to the original stock cylinder and piston. When I put it together I noticed that the piston hits the botom of the head and will not go any farther. With the original cylinder and larger piston there was no problem. I am hoping somebody can help me find out why the stock piston/cylinder doesn't seem to work? I looked at the larger piston and the stock piston and I compared the distance from the top ring to the top of the piston and the stock piston is much thicker.Could something else have been done to the bottom end? the reason I am going to the stock is because the larger piston(79.95mm) I cannot seem to find anywhere.any help sure would be appreciated.

Sounds like it was stroked. Did you contact fourstrokeworks.com for a piston as was suggested in you're other thread? They "took over" after Stroker went away. I suppose you could put a spacer under the cylinder. Cam chain might not be long enough.

You've got a bored and stroked 250cc to 340cc stroker motor. The person who can tell you what's up and sell you exactly what you need is Jerry Leighton at: http://www.fourstrokeworks.com

Give him a call early in the am and he can set you up.

Bill