New DRZ hard to engauge neutral

I just got my DRZ, and put the first 6km on it driving up and down my street. It feel great, and man is it ever quiet! I've never ridden a dirtbike that you could hear the chain while you're moving. One thing I don't like is the fact that its almost impossible to get it into neutral while its running. It also takes a lot of force (Compared to my YZ125) to get it into first or second when its running and the bike is not moving. Will this go away as the bike breaks it? Or should I be seeing my dealer?

Anyone experience this?

Relax Roadwarrior - it needs breaking in. Don't force the shift lever. If you have trouble getting it into first while stopped, just start the bike rolling forwards or backwards as you gently push down on the lever - it should go into gear without difficulty. Pretty soon it will loosen up and shift much more easily.

My DRZe had stiff shifting and it was hard to get nuetral when it was new as well. Now that its broke in, it seems to shift every bit as light as my last rm, if not lighter.

------------------

You mean my bike has FIVE gears?

me three. I had a number of missed shifts, hitting neutral instead of second, but after a couple hundred miles it seems to have entirely gone away.

-dave

Had the same problem with my new Z for hundreds of miles. Someone on this board said to check the slack in my clutch cable and take it up. I did that and the bike has been easy to get into neutral ever since. Also, as stated above, as you ride the bike more, it will loosen up a little bit.