Which perf.tire for the SM

• 4 weeks later...

Ok, guys, what's your best online source for SM tires such as the Pilot Races? I was going to get Pilot Powers because I commute on my DRZ, but am willing to listen to other opinions, like Eddie's suggestion to get Pilot Race instead ?

I'm going to need new rubber before and upcoming track day.

Looks like I'll probably get about 2500 miles out of the rear D208SM, but I have been up to Deal's Gap three times on the DRZ.

What's the story on the Michelin Race H2? Is it a rain tire? Some pretty good prices on them out there.

After doing a track day on the SM with the soft compound Pilot Race, They are Very Good, not once did they misbehave, matter of fact one more day of that and the pegs will be worn thru on the ends. they came to temp in about a lap,pressures came up to where Eddie said they would with his starting set up,(dont have my notes) used up all the tire front and rear (worms all over) it looks like these will do many track days on this type of bike,we will just have to see !

Mike Bruns

Matt, the track (Jennings GP) in N Fla. is a technical but fast 2 mile track especially for the SM ,I have dropped the rear sprocket to 38t and use just 4th and 5th gear so the style at speed was feet up and some knee out. and gave the sport bikes a fit, the guys that I ride with in the N.Ga. mountains said I have to leave the pilot race tires at home (unfair advantage) they ride a Falco and an SV 1000.

Mike

Matt, the track (Jennings GP) in N Fla. is a technical but fast 2 mile track especially for the SM ,I have dropped the rear sprocket to 38t and use just 4th and 5th gear so the style at speed was feet up and some knee out. and gave the sport bikes a fit, the guys that I ride with in the N.Ga. mountains said I have to leave the pilot race tires at home (unfair advantage) they ride a Falco and an SV 1000.

Mike

Kewl. I'll be at Little Talledega on April 30 - May 1.

?

Try Americanmototire.com for good prices.
Excellent. Even scooter tires to slip onto my kid's DS80 for a little mini motard fun! ?

• 6 months later...