Sign in to follow this  

What kind of gear do you guys have ?

anyone have blue gear? Im thinking about getting some blue Thor Core- Deville gear very soon, but I have the new Tech 7's in red/black, my goggles are red Thor Heros, and my helmet is a One- Kombat in flat black/red. Itll probably look wild, but I guess ill start getting rid of my red gear.

im in the same boat as you still riding my honda gear i like the shift camo over the boot pants

fox pawtector gloves

just got some alpinestar knee braces there crap and cut into my shins

oakley crowbar goggles which i love

thor t30 boots which are now ready to be replaced but what with looked at a cheap pair of tech 10s but they were silver and looked kind of wierd how do you guys rate the tech 8 and tech 6s

kbc zombie lid gonna replace it with an airoh tried one on it was the nicest lid i ever wore light as hell with a velvety like lining

Gear: 08 TLD

Boots: Sidi Crossfire SRS

Neck brace: Leatt

Knee braces: CTi

Helmet: SixSixOne 2008 warp / icon

Goggles: Spy Magneto / Alloy

Protection: SixSixOne pro pressure suit (supermoto)

All sponsors (exept Leatt) but also very good equiptment. All top quality.

Chest protector - Thor Scattershield

Helmet - Oneal 906 -Flat Black with Green stripes - love this helmet

Googles - Progrip - 3400 LS Carbon

Pants, Shirt, gloves - mixture of Green thor and grey ARC vented gear from Rocky Mountain ATV. The ACR has really held up well and works great in the hot Georgia humidity.

Boots - Black SG10 Gearne - this has to be the best boots ever made, would not trade them for anything else on the market. Do yourself and favor and try them and you will never look back.

KX250f - Allied triple tree, Rocket exhaust

Georgiarider

Answer 'RockStar' gear

Dragon 'RockStar' goggles w/ lam's

TLD Helmet..I'm soooooo happy with the SE helmets.

Fox "Thermal Paw" gloves in the Rain/Cold

AlpineStar MX or SuperMo gloves in the Warm

Sidi or Fox F3 or Trekker (Off-Road/Play ridin')

Fox "Black-Belt"

Fox Proforma or Coolmax sox

Fox/Shift Roost Deflector

MSR or Fox tool-pak (Off-Road)

Got the Rock-Star stuff at the US-SX. The gear is yellow w/ black-n-gold graphics and the Dragon's look EXACTLY like a Black can of Rock Star. I never been into the "Label" look, however, both Answer and Dragon worked hard on this stuff and made some really good lookin' gear.

Boots...as far as my money's concerned:

ONLY Sidi is worth the "Big" money as far as expensive boots go. Still Italian (Jus' them and Gaerne now!) and they REALLY stand behind the product.

Best boot for the money? Fox Trekker. PERIOD. At $139 you can have 2-pair in the truck on race-day and be "set".

Goggles: Dragon's. Period. You ought to see the new stuff they've got comin'. Their Laminated Tear-Offs are Insane!

Helmets: I hope all of you try on TONS of helmets and pull the strap fairly tight and shake your head like a MAD-MAN! If you've got a knowledge-anle local shop, this is EXACTLY what they'll tell ya to do. Also, when you pick a few "Finalists"...as a friend...I'd like to suggest you wear that thing, IN THE STORE B-$ you buy it(!), for at-least 20 minutes! Have fun...go read a Magazine or Cycle-News and watch the other shoppers look at you like,"What-The-Heck is he doin' ?"

Ever get a helmet and then realize that after a lil' while...while ridin'...it starts to fit bad or have "pressure points"? Wouldn't ya rather know this BEFORE YOU BUY IT!?

Best helmet?

The ONE that fits you BEST and that you like the most...PERIOD! (I'm assuming this discussion involves helmets w/ all the approvals/testing cert's)

Kidney belts? Just wear one.

Next-Up:

Leat Brace. I don't care WHAT or HOW or WHY...if it saves people from serious injury and K-Dub can run it...

I'm in!

I hope EVERYONE get's to ride this weekend!

Gear : 2 diff sets of No Fear ( all on my dime, but, less then 100 each per set ), set of O'Neal ( past sponsor ) and some random AXO stuff

Helmet : 1996 Shoei VFX w/ custom paint ( looking at new Arai though )

Boots : Alinestar Tech 8s

Goggles : Oakley

Also have some nice, though semi bulky, floating knee guards from Thor

just got the Thor Core Deville combo (jersey, pants, gloves) shipped to my house for $100.76...what a deal!

www.denniskirk.com super happy about it, outrageous deal...only problem is jersey is one size two big and the gloves are two haha. I think I can work with the jersey, but the gloves im not so sure. Ill sell them if theyre too big

a-stat tech 10-tech 8 boot,s,fox blitzs gear,fly 208 gear just got this gear and every bit as good as fox gear, really like the stuff,fox air frame protector,the best one out there, bell moto 8,these are the only helmet,s i,ll where great fit light ,scott and oakly google,s either one are really good fitting,astrisk knee brace,s good fit and work good saved my knee,s a few time,s,i,m going too get a leatt brace but for now i wear a evs neck roll.

Helmet: No idea what brand. Read it but can't remember. I bought it because it fits nice. Oneal maybe.

Boots: Gaerne. Good fit for medium/wide feet. Mid range price tag. Good f/aft ankle movement. Love em.

Gloves: yes - for my palms when I hit the dirt.

Pants: Thor. Love em!

Top: Anything out of my "work clothes" drawer or most often whatever I am wearing when I get out of the car. Sometimes my old BMX tops from the early 80s. Anything else seems like a waste of money to me.

Neck: need a Leatt.

Undies: Loose, NOT jocks, no fly opening and made in china.

Colours: Anything except red. Red rider gear looks *off* on a KX. Besides I have too many mates with "I only see red" vision and I don't want them to think I support their favorite brand. I am into olive and camo at present. I am not a big fan of bright colours since they make me feel like bit of a clown and/or feel like one of those saturday morning road bicycle freaks who get in the way of my car.

....... I am not a big fan of bright colours since they make me feel like bit of a clown and/or feel like one of those saturday morning road bicycle freaks who get in the way of my car.

Hey, hey! Take it easy on us "bicycle freaks"! :crazy:

Hey, hey! Take it easy on us "bicycle freaks"! :applause:

No worries. I try to avoid driving on Saturday mornings. I fear I might "take one out" and end up in prison because understandably we cannot treat people like stray roos and sheep. Too hard to support my family from in prison. I know many drivers who take the same approach, so you can relax a little.

I do think it's funny when I see cyclists getting ready to ride home from work, and they slip into their clown gear for that too. All suited up, ready for the "Tour-de-home" and the TV cameras, with the big lunch pack in their crouch. Cool. I know that 99% of road cyclists are good people. It's just the 1/100 who is a d-head and will block a train of cars behind him for ages just because he thinks it's his right and despite loads of room to safely move over at times. Road use is no ones right. It's a privilege. Obviously I could go on, but I wont. :D:crazy:

Okay a bit off-topic I know. Still this is about riding gear!