Skid Plate Suggestions

Utah, flat land racing and devol all make nice sturdy plates. I have a flat land and have been happy with the fit and strength. For the last year, I have been using a carbon fiber plate - its smacked rocks hard and still is fine. (Ty Davis uses carbon when he needs a plate) Carbon is pretty strong, light and makes less noise from the engine. But if want bullet proof go with the Utah, Flat land, Devol option.

not sure for you but for my 04 the WORKS one mounted right up to the factory holes and looks factory to boot...

I went with the Flatland Racing unit and am very pleased with the fit and look. Bolts right up to the stock locations with no hangers. I only have one problem, two of the cap screws are about 1/4 inch too short to reach the mounting brackets on the frame. I am not able to send e-mail from home at the moment due to PC difficulties so I will be calling them tomarrow to see about getting longer bolts. Just wanted to let everyone know what I ended up with. Thanks for all of the suggestions and help.

Josh

I am running the Yamaha GYTR skid plate on mine, it is a direct bolt-on with no hangers or loops to mess with.

Running the GYTR on mine and love it. :applause:

I have a MSR skid plate on my TT-R250. Know what you mean...the hangers suck. :D

I went with the Flatland Racing unit and am very pleased with the fit and look. Bolts right up to the stock locations with no hangers. I only have one problem, two of the cap screws are about 1/4 inch too short to reach the mounting brackets on the frame. I am not able to send e-mail from home at the moment due to PC difficulties so I will be calling them tomarrow to see about getting longer bolts. Just wanted to let everyone know what I ended up with. Thanks for all of the suggestions and help.

Josh

I had the same problem with my Devol, 2 Short bolts. Went to the hardware store and hence, problem solved!!! :applause:

errr... nevermind! :applause:

Moose...awesome! It has clamps but still faster to remove and put on than the devol that bolts directly to the frame. Thicker too. The devol dissintigrated on a little rock taking out the mounting point.

Fox

Moose...awesome! It has clamps but still faster to remove and put on than the devol that bolts directly to the frame. Thicker too. The devol dissintigrated on a little rock taking out the mounting point.

Fox

IIRC moose plates are made by Utah sport cycle.

How about the only vote for B&B Bash Plates.

Made in AUS by B&B Aluminium.

It cost me around 90US shipped....

Beats the CR#P out of Utah for finish..but does require an internal hanger (just behind gear lever in pic.) . All Allen bolts are are SSteal, recessed and plugged except for one at the top front.

PIC here (when new)

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j210/OneToGo/BBWRBashplate006.jpg

Extremely well made :applause: