Sign in to follow this  

06crf250r

Alright i am getting a new bike this season and i hear the honda is a better bike then the kawai, but i hear the engines are lemons and most people have to replace the shims and tighten the valves all the time. Some people even say their hondas blew up. Then i heard the kawi had those same problems but other people say they have no problems. What should i get i think i weant the honda but some people say they blow and sometimes some people say the kawis blow. what are your experiences with these bikes. what should i get?

Im sure if you search around these forums youll fine a billion posts about what bike to get.

I mean obviously no one here is going to say oh, go by a Kawi. What do you expect? Were loyal Honda riders, and the reason why is there just simply the best bikes out there. The Honda won Transworld Motocross's shootout yet again for the 3rd year. Its been proven to be a winner year after year. Short and Millsaps are dominating the AMA Supercross Lites this year. I mean sure each bike has its share of issues but it seems that Kawi has been having more. especially since the bikes pretty much all new, I wouldnt buy it untill the qwirks are fixed out.

Like the saying goes.....When in doubt, buy a honda. :thumbsup:

I have a 05 CRF with a little porting and polishing and a WB pipe.

I have ridden the Kawi stock back to back with the Honda.

The Honda having a little more bottom grunt with the Kawi

with a little more overrun.

The feel and actions of the bikes are very similar.

The valve problem can be fixed the time bomb can not.

Take your pick.

Ray Dog :thumbsup::thumbsup:

my 06 is nice well i kinda got a prob i rode it and i havnt rode in a while and i went to start it and it wouldnt start so i tryed to pop start it and i worked so i brought it to my dealer and there taking a look at it and changing the oil and giving it a good general look over but the thing is incredible rly fast... l Lov it

just get it, i love my 06. ive had it for 2 months ridden almost every day. regular maintnence, not riding like a jackass, and hasn't skipped a beat since day 1. :thumbsup:

The 06 Kawis are grenading left and right from what I hear, but no one that I know has one, so I can't comment on what the problems are exactly.

The 06 Yamis are having problems keeping the valves from floating and tagging the piston, thus knocking the head off the valves (not good). This is because the spring pressur eis not enough and when the auto chain tensioner lets the chain slack, even for a split second, the valves and piston run into eachother.

The 06 Suzukis aren't worth a crap.

The 06 KTM's seem to be pretty solid, except for the fact that they are KTM's.

The Hondas have an oversized carb that sort of makes the bottom end a little sluggish (although mid and top are outstanding) and the twin pipe is not really perfected, with the different size tubes and one muffler flowing more than the other. But other than that, the Honda handles the best, makes great power, is the most balanced and has a high level of dependability. The valve problems are nothing more than people either not maintaining their bikes or forgetting that it's a high performance race machine and expecting it to last like the XR they had since they were 12.

yea i think im gonna get the honda because the kxf's are a brand new motor and that scares me. Plus i haven't really heard of any probs with the crf, except for the people that are like, "i only change my oil one time a year." lol

The Kawi is weak; no motor. The honda is better. As far as valve trains go: I wish there were a better way. But, I am damn good at reshimming now. :thumbsup:

both bike are going to blow and need new piston no matter what there both good bikes i like the 06 kx250f but i like the honda 2 i would just sit on them and see wich one you like better

you sir are retarded, do you think before you speak.....that is the most worthless comment of all time :thumbsup::thumbsup:

talk to any pro mechanic and they will say yamaha has the strongest and most reliably motor. It was a no brainer after reading about honda having thousands of post on the motor and valves. And honda has not owned up to it yet :thumbsup: Buying a honda at this point and time is a serious gamble. :thumbsup: And to clean it up, I am not a honda basher. I read the post and they say it all.

talk to any pro mechanic and they will say yamaha has the strongest and most reliably motor. It was a no brainer after reading about honda having thousands of post on the motor and valves. And honda has not owned up to it yet :thumbsup: Buying a honda at this point and time is a serious gamble. :thumbsup: And to clean it up, I am not a honda basher. I read the post and they say it all.

The 06 YZ250f's have been grenading the top ends pretty frequently around here. The spring pockets were machined deeper, thus losing some spring pressure and sending the valves into float sooner. Then you couple that with an auto cam chain tensioner and you get a bike that sends the valves into the piston on occasion. Not a good thing. It's fixable, but a serious goof up nonetheless.

Don't forget when you hear about bike problems there are more Hondas out there than anything else, in some cases more Hondas than everything else combined.

Go honda, I definitly love my 06. And if you get a 2 year warranty on your engine you want have to worry about a thing. Unless you bore it or something then it voids your warranty.