Husqvarna - No mods needed

yes we have a few aftermarket skid plates, rad guards and handguards, some cool and informative jetting posts, but in general Huskys come equipped ready to ride from the factory. It seems to always be a newbie comes in here like that yamahondda guy who has the perfect name actually for his complaint.....his complaint was no or few after market mods available for Huskys.

DON"T YOU other newbies see, the reason you buy a quality bike in the first place is so you don't have to fix it with $1000s in aftermarket modifications. The whole japanese bike and California aftermarket industry trade magazine led, and led by other forums on this site, complex has so many riders fed this bull crap of bike mods, they are like zombies in this lala land that they have to MOD their bikes.....they come in here and the First thing they ask is what Mods should I do.

to all you Bike Mod Zombies..........there is help, there is a world without mods. Come to the light. Come to World Champion Husqvarna. ?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yes we have a few aftermarket skid plates, rad guards and handguards, some cool and informative jetting posts, but in general Huskys come equipped ready to ride from the factory. It seems to always be a newbie comes in here like that yamahondda guy who has the perfect name actually for his complaint.....his complaint was no or few after market mods available for Huskys.

DON"T YOU other newbies see, the reason you buy a quality bike in the first place is so you don't have to fix it with $1000s in aftermarket modifications. The whole japanese bike and California aftermarket industry trade magazine led, and led by other forums on this site, complex has so many riders fed this bull crap of bike mods, they are like zombies in this lala land that they have to MOD their bikes.....they come in here and the First thing they ask is what Mods should I do.

to all you Bike Mod Zombies..........there is help, there is a world without mods. Come to the light. Come to World Champion Husqvarna. ?

Have to agree with you on this...............

My Wife is switching over to the Husky TE 250 and so far all we have done is:

Skid Plate

Dry Break Tank

Stabilizer

BRP Clamps and Pro Taper Bars

Handguards

Rooster Radiator Guards

Other than that it's READY TO RACE, at the National Level!

The funny thing is we only changed Tanks to have the Dry Break since the stocker holds enough for 40 Miles easy, and the Bar-Clamp change is for the Damper Only.

Other than that the stuff we added is just protection...........

It's a pretty cool change after the Headaches (no Pun) with the Honda Valves and 20 Pound Exhaust-Smog Pump combo.

An amazing Motorcycle!

A funny story to go along with this. I let my buddy Dan C. try my Husky before it was completely broken in. He took it for a short putt and brought it back and said it felt good. I spoke to him again this past week and he asked if I was still liking the Husky and what had I done to it? I said I haven't done anything to it! I've not even fiddled with the clickers yet. I just ride the thing and have a blast. Oh, I eventually will get around to messing with the suspension settings and such but, I've ridden the bike in a variety of different conditions bone stock and never felt any kind of pain. Even with the bigger IMS tank it still feels pretty darn good. About the only thing I can think to add is my Scotts damper which I haven't yet, possibly some hand guards and a little extra proctection. Other than that, uncrate it, go riding, and be prepared to have a great time. ?

I looked at the DRZ400 and TE450 side by side, Guess what, the price diff isn't so great when you think about all the things you got to do before you actually ride the DRZ, like tank/carb/suspension/etc.

I need to get the carb set up (it came with the extra jetting/etc.) and I ordered a skid plate/rad guard/pipe guard, the same stuff I would have to do to any bike.

?

I looked at the DRZ400 and TE450 side by side, Guess what, the price diff isn't so great when you think about all the things you got to do before you actually ride the DRZ, like tank/carb/suspension/etc.

I need to get the carb set up (it came with the extra jetting/etc.) and I ordered a skid plate/rad guard/pipe guard, the same stuff I would have to do to any bike.

?

Hmm, there are a bunch of threads on this forum talking about modding these exact things on the Husky TEs ... it's all just a personal preference thing just like with other bike makes.

Flame Suit: ON

Maybe the off roads guys are cool without mods but for me I've found I've it necessary to mod my supermoto. With a stock bike in the intermediate class I could lap the fastest intermediates but with a stock bike in the expert class I'm a rolling traffic jam. Mods are necessary.

My bike:

I picked up a slipper clutch when I picked up the bike and when I got home I installed the slipper along with radiator crash guards, handguards, axle sliders, an hour meter, a scuff guard on the exhaust can and rejetted.

Then I took my bike out to the track. I had a lot of fun but my lap times were off pace. From the track I came home and winged the stock Brembo master cyclinder in favor of a radial Brembo master cylinder and installed HH racing pads so I could slow down without overheating the front brake.

Then I tossed the stock exhaust can and slipped on a TC can for greater forward thrust and rejetted and went back to the track.

While I was at the track I had track service mount up some race tires so I'd stop being a rolling traffic jam in the expert class.

Next I slapped on a Honda AC pump diaphram to get rid of the bog/kill off idle problem (really only a proplem on the street, not on the track). That helped but didn't solve the problem so I slapped on a Boyesen Quickshot so my AC pump would squirt gas and not sometime gas sometimes gas mixed with air. Problem solved.

I wore out a few sets of tires and a couple of clutches and decided that my corner entry speed was just as fast as the fastest guys but I was coming off the corners slower than the fastest guys. I considered my problem: I'm 30 pounds heavier than the next heaviest guy so my power to weight ratio needs help and my rear suspension was causing a handling problem.

I lived with the problems through the season but plotted how to address them.

At the end of the track season, I popped my engine out and sent the head off the GP. The GP folks ported the head, replaced the valve seats, installed new valve guides, and popped in '06 Del West valves so I'd have better top-end. I also picked up a TC intake cam and a 13.5:1 CP piston so I'd have more power in the hopes of evening the field power to weight wise and running up front.

Then I decided to wing the stock exhaust and replace it with a Sil exhaust system because the Sil system should make more top-end power and I don't want to explain myself to people with sound meters anymore.

Since I got my bike together long before winter was over and had too much time to think about going faster I got off my duff and started asking around about stiffer rear springs for my Husky since Husky doesn't offer one themselves. With a stiffer rear spring my rear suspension shouldn't pack-up causing chatter and me to run wide and without those problems I should be able to get on the gas sooner which will drop my lap times.

I've still got problems with my front forks but I'll live with those problems this season in the hopes of addressing them next season with a pair of the 50mm zooks.

Not to mention that I also made my Husky street legal and that required time for me to make my own wiring harness and that I've tossed on a Veypor for use as a odomometer, speedo and tach.

06 TE250... $6100

Cycra Probends... $120

Flatland Rad Guards... $80

Uptite (I think) skidplate... $130

Rooster Disk Guards and Heat Shield... $240

WR Kickstand Bolt... $5

Extreme Weather Carb Vent Line Kit.. $20

Extended Fuel Screw... $20

Fuel Filter... $3

Left over JD needle and jets... $0

Title, registration, inspection, and insurance... $250

Damn this is starting to add up!

Fun I plan on having... priceless.

I know, its nice having a bike that you dont have to mod. My 150 and my friends CRF250R we modded out mad. And on this im not goin to do anything, All i did was Pre Prints, Hand Guards, Rad Guard, Mid Pipe Guard, Gas Cap Hos thing that is short and has a Anodized cap on it (For looks lol), CUt Clutch Lever for 2 fingers, Fork Sox ( Same as Seal Savers but velcro on and off so u dont have to take the forks off and easier to clean them, Different Sprockets. and i think thats it. Theres nothin else worring about doing. Sincei know ill have this bike for awhile, if i ever have the money and there is a good pipe that ADD's power and not sound ( i doubt there will be) then ill get it, and i might just change the rims to black or red for looks. and that will probly be it, and i may have my suspension set up for me. Other Than That, i dont think i can do anything else. Nothin worth spending money on.

Wow from what ive named off ive actually done alot to the bike, lol. Still one of the best bikes ive rode. I adjusted to it sooooo fast. I can ride my 250 way better than my friends CRF. I jsut dont feel comfortable on the Jap Bikes. And the power is amazing on the TC.

Wow from what ive named off ive actually done alot to the bike, lol. Still one of the best bikes ive rode. I adjusted to it sooooo fast. I can ride my 250 way better than my friends CRF. I jsut dont feel comfortable on the Jap Bikes. And the power is amazing on the TC.

:bonk::bonk::bonk::eek::eek:?

Yeah, a lot of replies have been a little tongue and cheek. The truth is that most people mod their bikes. Even Bigbob who started this thread has modded his bike. I think the point is, that we have a pretty damn good platform to start with which btw is getting to be more and more common now days. For average riders such as myself, I don't feel any need to replace the stock exhaust system for example. I had to laugh to myself when KTM would advertise "Ready To Race" right out of the crate. The stock suspension on my 520 must have been sprung for a sperm because it sure as hell couldn't handle my fat butt. ? However, I only had to do the suspension. The rest of the stuff like steering damper etc is optional as required to suite particular personal needs. A pretty much average rider such as myself can buy a Husky set the jetting for the real world, adjust the suspension add protection and pretty much just go riding and have a great platform. ?

LOL, OK. I got a kick out of this thread. I think it's better to say that Husky comes with good stuff right out of the crate.

Here's the mods I've done so far:

Cycra bark busters.

Carb: installed Boyesen Quick Shot, 45 pilot, stainless fuel screw, ****P needle, fifth pos, #60 leak jet, removed throttle stop and accelerator pump cap, re-routed top carb vents behind headlight.

Flatland Racing radiator guards.

Uptite skid plate (on the way).

Michilin X-11 trials rear tire, I can't wait to try this out on the trails, the stock rear tire is a POS IMHO.

5.8kg rear spring.

Sealed all exhaust joints.

Rooster mid pipe guard.

Fast by Ferracci sticker on muffler, added 3 horsepower ? .

Most of the mods I've done I think are pretty much required for the kind of riding that I do. I don't mind doing them, in fact it's a good time to get to know your bike and get it ready to handle the abuse of whatever you ride.

The OEM hydro clutch feels amazing. There's one mod that's not required. Brakes are awesome, but I'd like a shark fin on the rear.

Looks like I've got to keep a close eye on the chain tension to prevent the case being damaged.

Lukejt