Husqvarna - No mods needed

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is not completely true. Huskys are great bikes from factory not doubt....but like any other product in order to be commercial they have to be suited for or close to everybody's taste. We all have our own preferences, I would agree 100% is by far the best platform to start out with. But always is room for improvements in anything even space shuttles.......so they won't explode in midair... ?

My only complaint so far...hard to start no sh** (that could be improved). ?

The majority of people if not all in this thread have few mods on their bikes.....so what is it?

Ive got lots of mods, some just bling, some protection and some for comfort.

-Rooster front and rear disc guards.

-Uptite skidplate.

-Rooster Rad guards.

-Home made dual sport kit.(its an '05)

-IMS 4 gallon tank.

-PT Enduro sub mount for fat bars.

-Pro Tapers.

-Scotts steering stabilizer.

-Rekluse auto clutch.

-Carb vent kit.

-Tusk billet blue gas cap. (Bling, Bling)

And currently working on other stuff. I have needed no motor mods (except fiddling with the carb) and I really like the stock suspension, it works perfect for me.

I started with some sensible stuff...

CRD frame guards

CRD Radiator Guards

Set of Talon Race Wheels (mainly because I hate changing tyres!)

Grippy MXA seat cover

Then I got annoyed because I couldn't get the Mikuni carb working and started to get carried away...

FCR carb

Remote hot start

Akrapovic full exhaust system

Then I damaged a fork leg and got some spare cash...

Marzocchi Factory 45 forks

BRP triple-clamps

Renthal Twin-Walls

Third set of wheels (Practice/MX/Enduro - Hardly have to change a tyre now ? )

Then (18 months passed) I wanted a new bike but didn't have the cash so I turned my '04 into an '05.

Red/Yellow Cemoto plastics

Cetennial red/black seat cover

Black CNC gas cap

... now all I need is that new Aprilia ?

Some people collect Star Wars figures, I buy stuff for my bike.

• 1 month later...

I just put a deposit on an '06 TE250 that I'm picking up next Saturday. I already ordered the Flatlands Racing Radiator Guards, Rooster Mid-Pipe Heat Shield, and will see what Upstate Cycle has in the way of bark busters upon pickup. Originally I was going to go with the Uptite Skid Plate, but it looks like the stock skid plate provides decent coverage. Is a skid plate really needed (there is gravel on some of the forest service roads around here)?

Thanks,

Trent

I don't think you need a HD skid plate on fire roads. The stock skid plate is very thin (you can easily bend it with your hands once removed) and it leaves the frame exposed. Not a big deal for some. Where I ride a lot there are tons of huge rocks and you pretty much need a beefy plate.

Enjoy your new ride!

Lukejt

Thanks Lukejt. I actually went ahead and ordered an Uptite plate from George this afternoon after speaking with him. I have some nice dents in my skid plate on the KLX from some of bigger rocks on the fire roads and some of the ORV parks have larger rocks as well. I don't want to see the nice new bike getting the frame all dented up...Can I just display it in my living room instead of riding it? ?

If you go off-road onto any trails you should get a skid plate. Rooster has a nice one for $50 less than Uptite but Uptite's is super beefy with holes for more air. Sounds like the Rooster one would be a good choice for you. I don't know if their new improved one is ready. (Edit: Oops, as I posted this I see you already ordered. You will be very pleased. Money well spent.) I highly recommend the Cycra Probends with side triple clamp mounts even at the steep $130 price because they are probably the easiest to put on without having to struggle to find room for all the controls like most bar mounted HG's. They are super strong and look spectacular. You will need to buy slightly longer pinch bolts for the mounting.

I purchased a great book about 30 years ago that covered the master bicycle builders of the world. An interesting observation made by the author was that the typical American rider and constructor were equipment freaks! We seem to be obsessed with having the most technical advantage possible. The typical European rider, on the other hand consentrated on training (hours riding) and the builders on reliability (hours ridden). Rattling off an impressive list of trick parts is something we enjoy and a part of our sport. That covers most of us, The really fast guys RIDE, RIDE , RIDE.

If you go off-road onto any trails you should get a skid plate. Rooster has a nice one for $50 less than Uptite but Uptite's is super beefy with holes for more air. Sounds like the Rooster one would be a good choice for you. I don't know if their new improved one is ready. (Edit: Oops, as I posted this I see you already ordered. You will be very pleased. Money well spent.) I highly recommend the Cycra Probends with side triple clamp mounts even at the steep $130 price because they are probably the easiest to put on without having to struggle to find room for all the controls like most bar mounted HG's. They are super strong and look spectacular. You will need to buy slightly longer pinch bolts for the mounting.

Thanks Pete. I asked about the Cycra over the phone to the dealer and he said that the triple clamp mount wouldn't work because the Husky only has one pinch bolt. Do you have a link or part number for the one you ordered?

Thanks,

Trent

Guss what I traded my 06 DRZs totally modded !for an 06 brand new TE 450 , From A friend who is to short . Hello I'm introducing myself for the time on this forum ! I've done the first oil change the bike is lite I put A really cool skid plate on. I purchased from local shop in Santanna (up-tite). George made it him self. I hate breaking in motors, I cant wait to get dirty. Pics later once I re-due my garage. ??:confused:

Thanks Pete. I asked about the Cycra over the phone to the dealer and he said that the triple clamp mount wouldn't work because the Husky only has one pinch bolt. Do you have a link or part number for the one you ordered?

Thanks,

Trent

TC has a single top pinch bolt - TE has two. The Cycra pinch bolt mounts work perfectly fine (you do need longer bolts tho).

Cycra part # 1055-02