Brittle plastic?

These are the results of last weekends Quicksilver for me. The funny thing was that the impact on the rear fender wasn't that strong. Has anyone else had problems with Husky plastic exploding? The bike also sat out in the snow all night!

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?Uc=jlbu6m2.9nn1ur4y&Uy=b5aizz&Upost_signin=Slideshow.jsp%3Fmode%3Dfromshare&Ux=0&mode=fromshare&conn_speed=1

Yup the early 2005 bikes had a consistant reported problems with exploding plastic, mine included. worse when it's COLD. Look on trail 119 at Clear Creek you see some of My Te-510, the Wolf's tail there from last summer on an endo. MotoXotica ordered me some Husky replacement plastic mid summer 05 and it's been good since.

you can get UFO plastic now too and if interested even a UFO 04 blue fender that with a little razor blade action fits the o5 fine see my Blue tail at Clear creek the next week after I busted my tail just like you.

http://images.snapfish.com/34638%3A%3A%3C7%7Ffp4%3Enu%3D323%3A%3E293%3E%3A86%3EWSNRCG%3D32328%3B%3B747%3B53nu0mrj

call Dan at 707 446 4282, he'll take care of you.

Big Bob,

Go back and pick that trail junk up. You should keep it at home for a souvenir. You are just giving the forest service more ammunition to close trails. The hikers and mountain bikers sabotage us enough. This is just a friendly reminder to tread lightly.

Big Bob,

Go back and pick that trail junk up. You should keep it at home for a souvenir. You are just giving the forest service more ammunition to close trails. The hikers and mountain bikers sabotage us enough. This is just a friendly reminder to tread lightly.

I did pick it up only some splinters are left, but thanks you're correct.

Mine did the same at Lake Whitney last weekend. A guy took me out and it shattered my rear fender on my 06. Makes me sad. It didnt break it off the much. And it was cause it was cold there too. so that was part of the reason, I got a new fender from the dealer but i need to find a cheaper place. Ive also broke the lower radiator guard on my left side. So idk if they are that brttle or cause its cold. cause its been cold everytime ive rode and broke somethin.