Sign in to follow this  

Cold Weather Starting

hmm.. i give mine a couple throttle wacks till it revs into mid range clean and then take off.. if you sit there with it just idling itll load up and foul a plug. i dont think ive ever really warmed up my bike for more then 30-40 seconds

I always let mine idle for 8 to 10 minutes before taking off. Waz always told to let the piston and cylinder warm up good before getting on the throttle.

I let it warm up using gentle revs until the radiators are warm to the touch.

I do the same in both warm and cold weather. I've found that the top end lasts longer if you warm the bike up properly before each ride. If you use a Wiseco piston it is very important that you warm it up. Otherwise you can end up with a cold seizure.

how long should you let your 2 stroke warm up before riding it on a cold day?(around 40 degrees fahrenheit)

I start it and do light blips until I feel heat in the radiator. I still take it easy for a few minutes to make sure everything is warmed up before hammering it. Its rarer now adays, but you can get a cold seizure by not warming up the bike before you ride it hard. The piston will heat up and expand faster than the (water) cooled cylinder and lightly stick itself.

If your bike fouls out warming up you likely are way too rich on the pilot jet.

hmm.. i give mine a couple throttle wacks till it revs into mid range clean and then take off..

Ouch!

I start it up and lighty rev it slowly and lighty more and more until it will fully rev. This takes about 5-8 mins. YOu shouldnt let your bike idle, all the factory bikes dont even idle at all, as it will kill your plug.