Sign in to follow this  

Best 2 stroke oil

My brother has really good luck with Torco's synthetic stuff, also Maxima is a great company.

I used to run Maxima K2 is my RM 125 and had no problems and fouled NO PLUGs and smoke was a minimum. I have recently switched back the the Torco GP-7 which I think is the best two stroke oil available, but Maxima is real good too.

Just make sure its synthetic whatever you decide.

I reccommend Bel Ray Hr1, at 32-40:1. Never had problems with Bel-Ray oils. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

2003 YZ450F

2006 YZ250V

Maxima

Motul800

Yamalube

Castor 927 smells like Heaven....but gums up power valves like crazy.

I have had 2-stroke atv's I raced and my friend raced a YZ125. He swore by Yamalube 2-R oil. I used Maxima castor 927 in my 250R and LT500R and never had problems. I ended up using Yamalube 2-R in my Banshee at 32.1. It seemed like it ran with less resistance with that oil( revved easier ). I also tried the Maxima @ 32.1 and Amsoil synthetic @ 50.1 and didn't like either. Yamaha's run best with Yamaha oil. Even the 4-strokes. :thumbsup:

Motul 800. Great stuff.

at what ratio?

I just got an 02 running motul at 50 to 1. I've never run less that 32 to 1. But I see people who say things like 50 to 1. Is that ok since its synthetic?

Thanks.

Ams oil Dominator 2 stroke at 40:1 in the ol YZ125 and never had a problem. Of-course, I run Cam 2 race fuel an I think that has some to do with the way the bike runs and how it holds up. Never replaced a plug but once and that was just to change to one of them new Iridium things just to see how it did.

Ams oil Dominator 2 stroke at 40:1 in the ol YZ125 and never had a problem. Of-course, I run Cam 2 race fuel an I think that has some to do with the way the bike runs and how it holds up. Never replaced a plug but once and that was just to change to one of them new Iridium things just to see how it did.

The ASTM 4 ball wear test shows AMSOIL Dominator has one of the smallest wear scars of most popular two stroke oils. AMSOIL Dominator is rich in zinc and phosphorous which is key (although not the only thing) to keeping the wear scars to a minimum.