PW 80 chokin!

I picked my son up a 2004 pw 80 recently. I live in Denver where the altitude is 5200 feet. The bike never ran very good from day one, always bogging and running rough. After researching some 2 stroke sites I rejetted the bike with a 120, got rid of the oil injector, and messed with the screws on the carb a little. I also dropped the needle clip one notch. The jet I pulled out was an 85. Now the bike runs fairly well with the choke on but will not run with the choke off. Its frustrating and im about ready to get rid of the bike. It doesnt have that many hours on it so I assume it is just jetting. Is a 120 ok for the altitude? I think stock is 125. Please help.

I'm no bike genius, but my kid's went through 2 PW 80s. They loved them. Re jetting. Have you done a plug test: hold throttle constant at desired rpm, chop throttle, pull plug, etc, etc.? If so, what is your plug color? Obviously, higher alt. is going to run richer as the temp also rises. How's the compression? Low compression will rob bottom end power. Has the "power plug" been pulled out of the pipe? There's a little ring in the end of the pipe that acts as a restrictor for new riders to limit power until they get the hang of it. Some people have never pulled this so the bike lacks power...especially as these restrictors get gummed up with spooge. Also, make sure the pipe packing isn't gooped up with spooge as well. I don't mean to insult your knowledge so don't take any of these as insults ? These are great little bikes, if I had to do it over again I might go with a TTR90, but for the price these go for and the power they can put out I still think I'd work with this one until you get it figured out. Lastly, my kids PW 80 took time to build power when I rode them because I weigh 190-200! Only kids bike that didn't was my son's KTM 50 which we hot rodded. That little stinker would pull wheelies even with me on it!!! Good luck! Dennis