More klx/drz jetting questions

My son has an 06 klx110 with a open filter kit, 90 main, 42 pilot, un corked exhaust(drilled and no baffle). The bike seems to run good. But i was wondering if i should put in an adjustable needle. Or adjust the air/fuel mixture screw. I'm in orlando,Fl so im not sure where im at as far as sea level. Thanks for any help....Mitch

The mods on my sons bike are different, but I did purchase the TB kit plus some extra jets in case I needed them. The adjustable needle is a larger dia and comes with a correspondingly different needle jet. So If you want to play with it, expect to go through the whole jetting process all over again.

I don't think it would run all that well if you haven't touched the stock needle jet. If you don't have the stock needle shimmed, then I would say go for the TB needle and jet. It comes in a honda package, part # 16012-GF6-003, if that helps. But the pipe mods may make it hard to tune the low range. In the end don't be surprised if you need to go with an after market pipe.

I run the stock air filter with the snorkel removed and the area around the snorkel opened just enough to match the frame. I opened the header pipe just a little, but a little can add a lot of flow. Specifically going from the stock dia to .6250 inches doubles the area. To keep it from surging at full throttle I needed to shim the needle .040 inches and go to a #85 main jet.

thanks for the replys. I just ordered an 85 main and a 40 pilot. I also ordered a tb adj needle. I think the other main and pilot were a little rich. Again thanks for the feed back Later M

• 3 weeks later...