Sign in to follow this  

What is the best exhaust for the X?

I am looking to increase power but also remain under the 96db range for racing Hare Scrambles. What is the best exhaust (slip on)??

most people here will say the White brothers E2 is the best, and it sounds good, but it doesnt look good to me.

In my opinion the Yoshimura TRC comp slip on is the best sounding, looking, and performing slip on you can buy. Unless you want to spend 600$ through akrapovic.. :thumbsup:

Hey retro, just got my W/B E2 slip on and road it today. It has a much better hit right off the bottom and pulls harder up to the half throttle mark. We road new tight trails today. No where to get it up past 1/2 throttle. At first I ordered the Yoshimura carbon, but it is back-ordered until May 1st. Complete system or slip-on. Settled for W/B. Glad I did! Rekluse will be here next week. woohoo

I put the yosh trc comp aluminum complete on mine and I love it. I really really really love it. $359.00 for the complete on motosport.com. Night and day with the new pipe and header, especially for that price. But, I also removed my smog pump, cut out side vents, cut out the whole top of the air box, and removed the backfire screen. Let me know if you decide to do it because you have to re-jet the main, buy a different needle, and you can stay stock on the pilot, as long as you adjust the fuel screw on the bottom of the carb. Good luck and have fun riding with the new found power! :thumbsup:

Another vote for the yoshi trc...put mine on and sound tested at 93db at a recent race. And that's with about 3 other bikes all getting tested at the same time in the same place!! Sounds great and feels like the engine is breathing much easier.

359 for a full Yoshi?!?!

isnt a slip on E-2 358.99? ... Wow.. It might be good but it ain't that good.

motosport.com - thanks to who suggested that site. You just helped me purchase a pipe. :thumbsup:

I have the WB E2. If I had to choose a different system, I would be really tempted to try the Yosh system, that company has many many years of 4 strke pipe development under thier belts, and as Hondas new pipe supplier, I would bet that they perfom very good cause Honda wouldnt use them if they didnt.

is anyone running the R pipe on thier X? I have one, but have not had a chance to do much more than start it up. Any luck with pipe showing an increase in power?

Paul P.

That would be me :thumbsup: good luck and happy riding with your new power on your bike. Went to dove springs today had a awesome day today no problems at all with the set up mods :thumbsup:

I vote for the stock pipe.

It is stainless steel, so it is much tougher than aluminum.

It will never need repacking, ( I don't like repacking pipes)and it is forestry legal plus it is quiet, so it helps keep our riding areas open. best part is, cost is zero, you already have one!

I have not seen many pipes that deliver a clear benefit, considering the $$ they charge, there are other things I would rather spend my $300 to $600 on that I think will make a bigger difference than a pipe.

check out mrdracing.com . great pipe, price and service ,dave will make the pipe you want!

I vote for the stock pipe.

It is stainless steel, so it is much tougher than aluminum.

It will never need repacking, ( I don't like repacking pipes)and it is forestry legal plus it is quiet, so it helps keep our riding areas open. best part is, cost is zero, you already have one!

I have not seen many pipes that deliver a clear benefit, considering the $$ they charge, there are other things I would rather spend my $300 to $600 on that I think will make a bigger difference than a pipe.

Same here, I have done side by side tests that showed no clear gain in performance, just more noise and less dollars.

:thumbsup:

Why spend the money to make more noise? The stock pipe has more then enough power. If you want to do anything swap out the head pipe from an R.

Ok, I just recently pulled the baffle out of the stock pipe, rejetted to 170, pink wire and airbox side cuts and let me tell you the bike is completely different now... people are crazy if they think opening up the pipe makes no difference. The stock pipe is 5/8 od stock pipe without silencer is 1-3/4+ major diff and very noticible. No pipe on this bike will be good without jetting though and more air.

Ok, I just recently pulled the baffle out of the stock pipe, rejetted to 170, pink wire and airbox side cuts and let me tell you the bike is completely different now... people are crazy if they think opening up the pipe makes no difference. The stock pipe is 5/8 od stock pipe without silencer is 1-3/4+ major diff and very noticible. No pipe on this bike will be good without jetting though and more air.

Did you do all of the mods at once, or one at a time, and noted the effect of each? If so, which mod made the largest increase in performance?