Hard to kick-over

06 gets really hard to kick-over after its been warmed-up???&%$#@! it only has about 8.5 hrs one it. Other than that, it run/sounds normal.

When you try to kick it, it seems like its stuck at top-dead-center.....

please help

?

Ya, a lot harder....

it doesn't seem like I have enough hours to have the valves that tight yet....

it feels like it hangs-up (the kick starter) at the top, then kicks-over but way harder than normal..... ?

06 gets really hard to kick-over after its been warmed-up???&%$#@! it only has about 8.5 hrs one it. Other than that, it run/sounds normal.

When you try to kick it, it seems like its stuck at top-dead-center.....

please help

?

If you feel alot of resistance when kicking it over, most likely the decompressor needs to be adjusted or your timing is off by a tooth. The cam sprocket could of jumped a tooth on the timing chain.

Having your intake valve clearance tighten up would not make the bike harder to kick over (more resistance felt while kicking).

Ditto with NorCal and Blackie. I had 11.2 hours on mine, and when I check, the Decom was WAY out in the clearance department. Also with the skipping a tooth being a possibility, double check your Cam Tensioner also after you verify the cam timing...Better safe than sorry...

If you feel alot of resistance when kicking it over, most likely the decompressor needs to be adjusted or your timing is off by a tooth. The cam sprocket could of jumped a tooth on the timing chain.

Having your intake valve clearance tighten up would not make the bike harder to kick over (more resistance felt while kicking).

Just pull off the seat and tank. Then take off the head cover. then take off the timing cover ( that hex bolt the size of a silver dollar on the right case). Line up the timing mark so the cam lobe points toward the back of the bike. then see if it is on line. check the valves while your there. That is easy so I would do that as well as the decompression thing.

I had the same problem with mine. First day I had my 06 out for break in. The 2nd time I went out for practice I stalled it in a corner. I must have kick that damn thing 50 times. Then my buddy comes by who also has an 06. He gets right on it and fires it up with 2 kicks. I was like &%$#@!?

Then later in the day I friggin stalled it again. I kicked like 10 times and was like &%$#@!? I would kick it and hear it try to fire but it wouldnt. Then I remembered that when my buddy kicked it, he would kick and then release real fast. I did that and then it fired right up. With my previous YZ250F's that I had I would kick and hold the kickstarter down for a sec. I figured it was just a different starting procedure then a Yamaha.

I am gonna check the things you guys have talked about though.

let me know what you find out, my bike ( 2006 crf450r ) 10 hrs .. does the same thing after its warmed up, it is vary hard to kick over, almost like its sticking on tdc. i will check the things listed above and let you know what i find out..