Sign in to follow this  

crf50 chinese copy?

Hi does any one have one of these bikes i recently purchased a ghost racing series copy of the crf50f its a great bike , jus wondering if any one knows what the stock settings for the carb is as i tuned it but now i want to put it back to standard as i found it ran smoother. If anyone has any advice with this little beast let me know as all advice is welcome thanks.

For best results, GET A REAL HONDA. When you say "great bike," you must mean that it runs. Nobody can possibly help you because no two Chinese bikes are the same. Nobody has any idea what carburetor is on the bike. Don't post knock off questions in the Honda forum. Your polluting our community.

Planetminis has a chinese fourm they maybe able to help.

Some people can be no help on here just buttheads.

Thanks for your intersest :thumbsup: i do also own a genuine honda crf50f and purchased the copy to see how it compared with the real thing and to be honest it is jus as good for half the price so i cant complain about it ,if ANY one else is interested in helping me out i will be very grateful for a relpy thanks

I don't know why people are so negative about the Chinese bikes. Don't forget, all the "real" bikes, ie. Honda, Yamaha etc., are made in Japan not the USA. So who cares. You are buying foreign crap either way. If the bike is cheap and it gets you started into dirtbiking then that's great.

japan = people that care about what they make and who they make them for.

china = dont care about there product as long as it sells cheap.

i hate to see all this crap spilt into a sport that is based on modification and reliability. not everyone knows the difference between knockoffs and the real thing. newbies to the sport see those bikes and think they are a shortcut into the hobby, neverfail something breaks and the hassle or cost of replacement is too much and the bike goes to the dump. if you actually like riding and get addicted, like we all have, your stuck to start over with a honda, or drop even more money into removing all knockoff parts from the bike so it will stop breaking on you.

i hate seeing people get pissed at cheapo bikes!

i got a Chinese clone for $800. after replacing the broken rear shock i love it so far. the only problem i had was the stator got corroded after i washed it, but thats nothing a lil, well a lot of battery cleaner cant fix.

i bought it knowing this thing would be trouble. so im happy. i like to tinker anyway. next on my list is to get rid of that POS filter and pop a UNI on.

right now im painting all the butt ugly parts (like the gold handlebars?) black.

i say only buy a clone if you know what you are getting yourslef into, the plus is that when somthin breaks you can usually replace it with somthin meant for a honda.

I don't know why people are so negative about the Chinese bikes.

The EXACT same negative words were used 40 years ago when the bikes from Japan started showing up in the USA. Same words, just the next generation. Just like 40 years ago, the people that bad mouthed the Japan bikes didn't own Japan bikes. Now we have people bad mouthing China bikes, but they don't own a China bike.

Japan = The people that brought you Pearl Harbor.

Least we forget.......

The EXACT same negative words were used 40 years ago when the bikes from Japan started showing up in the USA. Same words, just the next generation. Just like 40 years ago, the people that bad mouthed the Japan bikes didn't own Japan bikes. Now we have people bad mouthing China bikes, but they don't own a China bike.

Same rhetoric was also heard and directed toward Japanese cars in the late 70`s and early 80`s by the US auto industry, even as they sought US Government protectionist legislation to hide behind.

It`s a world economy these days, our Government sold this country outlong, long ago.

These complainers also are wearing shoes and boots made in China or Taiwan, Talking on a cellphone made in China or Taiwan,Wearing Clothes , socks and underwear make in Thailand and drinking Juice made in Brazil.This is all stuff once made here but not anymore.

As for entry level motorcycles, nobody else here in the US offers anything in this area or even remotlely competetively priced :ride:

If Honda were to re-make its Trail-70 would there be all these chinese clones around? I doubt it since a lot of their stuff is now also manufactured in China.

I just bought another Zongshen engine this week, ( To put on a Honda bike)and it came in a box noting it was from Japan and a sticker on the engine crankcase stating " Reliable Products Standard of Japan" surrounding the Zongshen Logo.

Yeah Zongshen thats not a japense name. Let me make a hamburger on my grill put it in a brown bag write Mc Donalds with a ball pen. That is what a knock off is about. Things are made in other countries cause of cheap labor. Yeah we have minamum wage laws to help the working man in America. Not else where so the companies can make huge profits. Yes honda parts are made in other countries. But with quality control. Now some one has stolen designs and made it with lower quality goods. Doin this also puts you in danger too. What are you gonna do if your chinese bike blows up? You get hurt.Do you think that chinese company is gonna take responsibilty? They just want your quick dollar and they are gonna disapear.

Bring your China turd on I'll smoke it

Depends on the rider more then the bike when you're talking mini four strokes.

Flattrackers rule

Yes we do :ride:

china = dont care about there product as long as it sells cheap.

This is where you are wrong,A person from the U.S. calls china and says I want a motorcycle that I can buy for 175.00,so I can sell a bike at 600.Then china ship's over a turd because thats what was ordered from here.If you order bike that would cost 1500 each that would sell for 2300 you will have a nice quality bike,because they wont pinch pennys to fill a order for such a low cost. Look at the new pitster!

And I ride a honda buy the way.Oh wait the only thing left on my honda is the frame and cases and a bank account with 5000.00 dollars less,so I guess mine might as well be a knock off also since hardly anything left is honda.

the stock settings for a carb on a "real honda" is 1 1/2-2 turns out on the air screw, but im not positive