Sprocket choice- Off road riding

If you are trying to tame your crf450 for woods you would better purchase a flywheel weight 17-19 oz. this makes the power roll on smoother, controlling traction and making the bike alot funner to ride. Definetly buy a good x-chain the stock one is as cheap as they get and will ruin your stock rear sprocket in a hurry, if it hasn't already. I like the tri metal rear sproket, light and long lasting, not much more than a good all aluminum one. Have fun

The Ironman sprocket is incredible! I run a 13/48 in the California desert. But we have miles of wide open terrain. I also have a 50 tooth for motocross which is great. Even in the tight woods 50 is a little tough to keep the engine from stalling.

what year you got? cuz 05's come stock 14/48. I have 13/52 and i love it...good both in tight woods and on the track. with stock gears i could be in 2nd gear on most tracks or 3rd if it was wide open...now i just stay in 3rd and can still clear the big table tops...i have heard nothing but good things about using a flyweight, but if your going on an mx track i heard they are hard to ride with because they throw the throttle respose out of wack...