Ttr125 Hard Starts

Hey guys wondering if you can help me out? I have a friend with a 01 TTR125 and he says its a mutha to get started, I was wondering if it might be tight valves, maybe jetted wrong cause it has a big gun exhaust trying to get some ideas for him, Is cold starting a problem with these and is there a fix? Thanks guys

Yes to all of your comments. Tight valves will cause poor or no start. These are also jetted notoriously lean. If he has an aftermarket pipe on it and has not rejetted - things are worse. Go up on the pilot and he probably needs to go up on the main as well (the main will not impact the starting issue).

Hey guys wondering if you can help me out? I have a friend with a 01 TTR125 and he says its a mutha to get started, I was wondering if it might be tight valves, maybe jetted wrong cause it has a big gun exhaust trying to get some ideas for him, Is cold starting a problem with these and is there a fix? Thanks guys

Besides the above post; make sure the choke plunger isn't stuck in the carb as well. Thats a common problem that can make them even harder to start. Do a search and you will find lots of info on that subject.

cool thanks alot guys :thumbsup: we talked at lunch and hes gonna start by seeing what jets are in it and go from there, kinda ruled out the valves cuz its starts fine after its warm :thumbsup:

my 2005 ttr125le was hard to start when i first got it but i dont like to jet :thumbsup: sssoooo.... i found out proper maintenance, proper riding, new spark plug, new air filter, warm up :bonk: . it will treat you like a king :thumbsup: you know the little things

my 2005 ttr125le was hard to start when i first got it but i dont like to jet :thumbsup: sssoooo.... i found out proper maintenance, proper riding, new spark plug, new air filter, warm up :bonk: . it will treat you like a king :thumbsup: you know the little things

Jetting is easy why you not like doing it?

Yep, it deffinetlly needs re-jetted.

with an after marcket pipe, rejetting is a need!

How long has he been running the pipe with stock jetting?????

update guys: 17.5 pilot 115 main, this is whats in the bike, he brought them to work this morning, but the snorkle has not been removed or the screen, so I told him do that next.....

I rejetted my wife's 05 ttr-125 per TT recomendations.. Made a 100% improvement. I ordered the jets here at TT store.. Starts 10x better now, expecially in the cooler weather. This bike is LEAN. Needs Rejetted.

get a honda!! hahah

get a honda!! hahah
o good one go back where your wanted
get a honda!! hahah

great advice!

there are many threads about hard starting ttr 125's. it is a know problem try searching it.

dude I got 5 hondas this is my friends TTR

Thanks for the help guys I'll let you know how we make out! :thumbsup: