Black Diomond Area (wash)

Hey all. I just helped my brother in law move to this quiet area and on my way to maple valley I saw a guy loading up on the side of the road, (on the third) then on my way back I saw like 6 or 7 trucks with bikes and quads in the back coming down a hill. Just wondering if there is a place to ride that is around there :thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk:

Thanks in advanced

yes,lots of them

Legal areas?

That area you are talking about is actually closer to Ravensdale. Was there a power station across the street? If there was, there is supposed to be some pretty cool trails on the other side (power station side) I went riding there about a year ago, went to top of Sugerloaf Mountain, pretty gnarly trail, didn't check out the other side though. I saw a bunch of trucks up there last Sunday with gas cans and such in the backs of their trucks. I heard the cops started giving out tickets to people who parked ouththere, but all the people I asked if they ever get hassled said they never have. So I guess it's a matter of not enough law enforcement to enforce the law, it is private property that belongs to the power company. I suppose people in the past have shot up the insulators on the power lines and that's why they want to keep people out. Was thinking about going up there to check it out again though, knowing my luck, I'll get a ticket for trespassing. 50/50 chance you'll get caught and get a ticket. I guess you would have to weigh the positives and the negatives and make up your own mind. Let me know if you and your husband go up there, maybe I'll meet you up there someday.

Little Jeff

The Sheriff's will be out again soon...Always do as the weather gets nicer. Last year they brought out the helicopter. Kinda hard to get away from that thing. They don't write too many tickets, but when they do...they're usually expensive ones. It's best to find someone who lives out there and ride in small groups with them...

What do they write tickets for? If the problem is trespassing on private property I don't see how that's a "ticketable" infraction.

Go park out there next to the power station on the next nice sunny Saturday. The County Sheriff will be glad to explain it to you. Seriously...most of the concern is guys riding across the railroad tracks and through the state park on the other side of the tracks. Tresspassing is a very ticketable offense...I heard rumors the Park Rangers were handing out tickets for $300.00 plus. Just be careful riding out there..

If you go stay off the railroad tracks. I saw a couple of jokers get high centered on the tracks in there 4x4 trucks. They really chew up the gravel next to the railroad ties. Trains use the tracks VERY often. These guys will not hesitate to call the police if you ride near or on their tracks..

If you go stay off the railroad tracks. I saw a couple of jokers get high centered on the tracks in there 4x4 trucks. They really chew up the gravel next to the railroad ties. Trains use the tracks VERY often. These guys will not hesitate to call the police if you ride near or on their tracks..

This is very much true. I used to work this line before moving to Idaho. It's a shame that many times working, that l I have almost killed a motorcyclist. Or better yet a father and his young kid following. Most occurrences is riding on the tracks or crossing on a curve. It really SUCKS when you hit a vehicle. As an employee we have no choice but to report it. Especially when we put the train into emergency account some stupid SOB is riding where they shouldn't. The BNSF fine is $500 bucks if caught by a BNSF police officer. 2nd offense is overnight in jail. My cousin lives out there and could ride from his place. So I talked to our cops about it, since I'm an employee. He told me just don't do it!

Hmm.. Well the more and more I read the less likely it is I will be riding there. This sport is expensive enough as it is with out adding tickets!

So where is close riding..? We normally hit Tahuya and Reiter a million times this time of year. Some one mentioned Ravensdale.. Can you tell me more about it? :thumbsup:

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Ravensdale is the same place that we are talking about, between Black Diamond and Maple Valley. Sounds like riding out there can get pretty expensive. I think I will probably pass on going back up there, don't want to take the chance of getting a $500 ticket :thumbsup: . Thanks for the heads up LadyCRF250X.

Little Jeff