Going down hills - UPDATE -

Thanks to all who about a month back made suggestions on going down hills. We went out Saturday - and I had a blast!!! I didn't even fall down once!!!

Went down lots of hills (I took them mostly in 1st) but just stayed focused and feathered the front brake when necessary. I usually freak out and stall the bike (when in 1st) because I'm going too slow - but that didn't happen! The hills that I hate the most are steep, rutted and covered with softball sized jagged rocks. :thumbsup: I felt that I was improving - mostly because I felt myself pushing through being scared, to, OK I can do this!

We went out with a guy who has never ridden trails (just sand), and that was good for me. I remembered what I was like a year ago - stalling, picking my bike up, falling (uphills, downhills, off the trail) - repeat 20 times! What a difference a year and some determination can make! I want to go riding!!! :thumbsup:

Way to go!!!!!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Good job.

That is so awesome! I love the feeling when i can take something I've learned and APPLY it and see results.

Great to hear you see improvements, it just keeps getting better & better! :thumbsup:

WAY TO GO!!!! :thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk:

It's nice to ride with brand new riders so you can truly gauge how far you have come. Benchmarking the more experienced riders gets frustrating fast!

Went down lots of hills (I took them mostly in 1st) but just stayed focused and feathered the front brake when necessary.

No comment on not having a rear brake at first :thumbsup:

That's awesome!! Sure gives me hope! :thumbsup:

Good job. GLad you had a good time and did well:)

No comment on not having a rear brake at first :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, forgot about that...

dh put a new back tire on, and forgot to adjust the rear brake. ThumperTDC was behind me, I told him, he said it was a quick fix. I got off, and the wing nut was barely hanging on :bonk: Tightened it right up and that helped a bit too! (I think hubby was thinking about cashing in on my life insurance policy :thumbsup::bonk: )

:thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk: