Questions about careers in 2 Wheel Fun

Is anyone a motorcyle mechanic, sales, etc. for a dealer or have their own private shop? I am interested in what individuals make and what requirments it takes to obtain these types of positions.

Although some people say leave your hobby a hobby and business a business this may be a great 2nd career for me someday. I think I'm most interested in motorcyle mechanics and/or ownership of a dealer.

Any feedback is appreciated.

Although some people say leave your hobby a hobby and business a business this may be a great 2nd career for me someday.

Listen to those people. :thumbsup:

Listen to those people. :thumbsup:

and whys that? why shouldn't he try to go into a career thats fun and enjoyable for him?

and whys that? why shouldn't he try to go into a career thats fun and enjoyable for him?

Well first off taking a hobby and making a career out of it changes things for you, now what you used to clear your head and have fun becomes what you need to clear your head of! i know first hand i grew up playing Bass guitar in bands with friends to have a good time and we had plenty of fun but then i pursued it further (session work, teaching, i own a music store, and touring full time) then suddenly i woke up one day and realized it wasnt fun anymore, so i quit the industry (i still own the store but i have 2 partners who run it) i got back from tour and havent played in almost a year now, after playing 7 days a week for over 15 years to reach my goals! so be careful with what you wish for sometimes it can bite you in the ass!!

I agree with the above stated. Maybe if you want to do it on the side, but dont ruin it for yourself. I used to play around in Photoshop and 3DsMax for fun, but now that I work in the field, I dont touch it unless im at work.

thats exactly what im saying you just kill it for yourself!

but hey everyone is different maybe you will enjoy it forever i wasnt that lucky!

either way best of luck to you!

I currently own a successful company and have no reason to make a change currently HOWEVER it seems that in 5-10 years when I'm no longer doing what I do now that this may be something worthwhile. I hear what you guys are saying about this and it very much may be true.

like i said it may not effect you like it did to me, take everyones advice but in the end only you can make that decision, and only you will know if it was the best choice!

Got a friend who has been in the bis for over 30 years still enjoys it.Custommers are what will make or break you. This guy works for aBMW dealer now and thinks the product has gone down hill.