Sign in to follow this  

outta shape need help

looking for help getting back in shape.im 32 and really outta shape what would be the best way to get back into shape?i got a weight set,treadmill and a rowing machine but i can only run for like 10 minutes. and i need help on what muscle groups to work out. i get tired and bored real easy.also what kind of diet should i go on or what foods would bee most helpful :thumbsup:

First of all, good for you on your decision to get back into shape. I came to that conclusion 6 years ago , one year after getting married and "settling down". I got fluffier than I had ever been in my life, and didn't want to look like my father when I hit 40.

I joined a gym and tried the trainers routine, but had no idea about eating properly. I was getting stronger but not leaner. Then I found this book "Body for Life" (bodyforlife.com) and it really helped with explaining nutrition, strength training, and living a healthy life in general. I highly recomend this book to everybody who is looking to get into shape, but don't know where to start.

Don't worry too much about using their products, I used a generic that was very similar and had excellent results. I am 32 now and still fit and I credit that program as what gave me the kickstart into fitness. I have even tried to give up working out and healthy eating, but my body wouldn't let me, its so much a part of my life that quitting made me feel horrible!!

I encourage you no matter what you decide to do for fitness, just do it :thumbsup: