Sign in to follow this  

Fuel Premix

I´m using Motul 800 synthetic oil for my mixture. I use 50:1 ratio and my bike always has a lot of oil on the exhaust. Is this normal, or should I change the mixture or the oil?

I wouldn't go any leaner than 50:1 on the premix. Sounds like your jetting is possibly a bit rich. If I were you, I'd order the JD jetting kit. I get very little spooge out of both my bikes and I run 48:1. It might also just be the premix you use. I use Motorex Crosspower 2T full synth and have been real happy with it.

Is the spooge oozing or dripping, or is the exhaust just wet and black?

its not the oil, its jetted too rich or you dont ride it hard enuf. It may just need to be revved out more. What bike is it? If its a 200 I can tell you what jets to put in if you dont want to spend the $ for a JD kit. The other possibility is that its been too long since you repacked your silencer and it is loaded with oil now. You will also have to repack it when you rejet to get the spooge to go away.

I ran my 02' 200 at 66:1 with Motul 800 and even then it was really rich with the stock jetting. The manual recomended 60:1.

I changed the jetting as suggested by JD and she cleaned up and really came alive. I can't remember what I had in it (gotta start writing this stuff down) but it was night and day as far as performance. I my dealer/buddy put the same jetting in his 200 and found it a little too intense for him.

I sure do miss that bike!

its not the oil, its jetted too rich or you dont ride it hard enuf. It may just need to be revved out more. What bike is it? If its a 200 I can tell you what jets to put in if you dont want to spend the $ for a JD kit. The other possibility is that its been too long since you repacked your silencer and it is loaded with oil now. You will also have to repack it when you rejet to get the spooge to go away.

It is a 2005 KTM 250 EXC.