Florida Residents

As riders we are for the most part destructive to the environment. We rape and pillage the land, smog up the air and hurt the old peoples ears. But after all is said and done who would consider themselves an environmentally conscious person? Recycling, water conservation, saving electricity, not littering stuff like that. I was just wondering because this state is growing so quickly.

I don't litter. That's about it.

OK you can start by selling the 2 smoke for a 4 stroke :thumbsup:

Well, I'm environmentally conscious, meaning I'm aware of what I waste and do to the environment, but I wouldn't call myself a conservationist.

I absolutely do not litter though under any circumstances. There is nothing worse than to come around a corner in the beautiful outdoors and see a pile of shit someone threw out. Or to go down the river and see beer bottles on the bottom... I could kill someone for that.

However, that all said, it doesn't bother me one single bit to come around a corner in the beautiful outdoors and see a nice berm or a tabletop. :thumbsup:

I am not fanatical about it, but I am aware of the enviromental issues and try to do my part to conserve/ not abuse the enviroment.

I'm conscious... most of the time

I'm conscious... most of the time
:thumbsup:

I'm with you Craig, I go out of my way to keep from littering. But man if I am the middle of no where and them pesky prarie dogs start barking, I'm gonna teach an old bear a new way to crap.

Did I mention we almost slammed into 350 lb'r up by Delancy? It seems bears really dont crap in the woods, they prefer the middle of a dirt road.

As riders we are for the most part destructive to the environment. We rape and pillage the land, smog up the air and hurt the old peoples ears. But after all is said and done who would consider themselves an environmentally conscious person? Recycling, water conservation, saving electricity, not littering stuff like that. I was just wondering because this state is growing so quickly.

Speak for yourself... riding is not raping and pillaging to the land. Cattle and game make tracks on the land too. It hurts nothing. I've seen whole fields tore up by trucks mudding and in two weeks, its all green again... I've seen hogs do the same thing and it don't grow back too quick because they eat all the roots!

I think as a rider.. I have more interest in the forest than the conservationists do.. Been to Big Scrub lately... they clear cut all around it... They are worried about us running over some grass and they cut down all the trees! Go figure!!! :thumbsup:

When people give up their cars... they can accuse me of creating smog with my dirt bike... as for old peoples ears... I've never seen one yet while I was riding.

Aside from that... I believe in not polluting whenever possible... but could you imagine what it would look like around if everybody had a horse instead of a car? It would really stink everywhere and they'd put out alot more of so-called green house gasses!

Don's very conscious... most of the time

In 35 years of dirt-biking I have permanently destroyed less of the environment than any one golf green.

Yeah, I conserve water and electricity and recycle/reuse so I can save $$ so I can keep my 2-stroke running :thumbsup:

Have to admit, litter makes me angry.

In 35 years of dirt-biking I have permanently destroyed less of the environment than any one golf green.

I think we need to turn all golf courses into MX tracks

Don's very conscious... most of the time

I've been unconscious a few times too! :thumbsup:

I think we need to turn all golf courses into MX tracks

Now you're thinking Brett!

Tell me, who here has not driven past a beautifully groomed course with rolling hills, and thought how cool it would be to put the knobbies to it!

It's like that old Yamaha commercial where you see everything in YZ. Remember that one?

Okay... who's actually put the nobbies on the greens?

I'll never say, but back in the day a friend of a friend ....

We used to look at the world in YZ back when we used to have to look at it in CR. Then after that it was Yellow YZ. I like the yellow YZ

I'll never say, but back in the day a friend of a friend ....

We used to look at the world in YZ back when we used to have to look at it in CR. Then after that it was Yellow YZ. I like the yellow YZ

Now everything has that Orange tint to it!! :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Rape ?? Pillage ?? did I miss something during nappy time ???

I want to rape and pillage ?? where do I sign up ???

I have to be home by 6 though.

The Earth is about 4.5 billion years old. I don't think a few dirtbikes make much of an impact.