Hey. new Here

Hey everyone. Im new here. My friend down the street recently just bought a pitbike, and i like them, and wouldnt mind have one.

only problem is, i have a pocket bike. its pretty quick. with all the mods and bike its worth about 400 dollars. and i was just wondering if any of you guys would like to trade, id even trade it for a bike that needs some minor work.

or you guys know of somewhere where i might get an offer? let me know. thanks in advance.

ebay it :thumbsup:

yah but i wanna trade it for a pitbike... not sell it

i would sell it, cheap too, 250 + shipping, ill take either.

let me know if u guys wanna work something out.

black.jpg

Hey, look who's here. Getting a pitbike too?

BTW I'm selling my pocket bike too. Gonna put it in front of my house with a price on it. (Chained to a tree of course) The way my neighbors drool over it, it will be gone in two days.

hey eaterofdog, i recognize you. lol, yah i definately wouldnt mind getting a pitbike, but i dont wanna spend any money since im saving for a car, so im hoping someone will trade me one, maybe one that needs some tuning? idc, ill get it running rigt.

A pocketbike should be easy to sell. Most any fool can get ahold of $400. Or break it into parts and ebay it. Easier to ship and you'll make more.

Hey guys im new here too and also coming from the pocketbike phase. Do you guys have any idea what bike to start off with? So many to choose from.

for starters, you can make your own topic, lol, and not hi-jack mine. haha.

for starters, you can make your own topic, lol, and not hi-jack mine. haha.

I was not jacking your thread just asking you two fellow pocketbikers a question.

Hey guys im new here too and also coming from the pocketbike phase. Do you guys have any idea what bike to start off with? So many to choose from.

How much you want to spend, DB Cooper? The SSR C4 is a hot starter bike now. Outlaw and MX Motorsports have them.

If you think you can trade your pocketbike for a pitbike, then you must be crazy. :thumbsup: I mean, you have (no offense) a cheapo pocketbike to start out with, and pitbikes cost WAY more. You can try to find a $400 bike on ebay, but it wouldn't be good for anything but lake jumping.

You say you have a tricked out pocketbike, well a "tricked out" pocketbike is worth ATLEAST $3000. No comparison. And pitbikes are even more money! Check out mine @ http://www.thumpertalk.com/forum/garage.php?do=viewvehicle&vid=3957 Still needs suspension and we've passed the $10,000 mark.

I'll step down off my box now. Just thought I would remind you that you get what you pay for. :thumbsup:

How much you want to spend, DB Cooper? The SSR C4 is a hot starter bike now. Outlaw and MX Motorsports have them.

I read the review on the outlaw bike and is probably the bike im going to start off with. Does outlaw give a discount to members? I want to spend under or at 1000.00 and that bike is close.

Maybe you should have spent that money on a better attitude.

Maybe. Sorry if I sounded cranky. I just get a little frustrated with the cheapo ebay and schucks bikes. They aren't worth :thumbsup: ! To even think you could buy a motorcycle for under $1000 is ludicrous. Start thinking where they are bringing down the price on the bikes. Thinner wheels? Poor quality frames? Fake shocks? Cast iron gears? Shavings never cleaned up out of the cylinder???? I'm sorry, but while I would consider a name brand chinese bike (Xtreme, Pitster, Thumpstar etc.), I would never consider one being retailed at under $1000.

i'd say if you have 10G's in that, you need to seriously find a better source for stuff.

If you shop around and you know the right people, you can get the most amazing parts for very little coin. I'm not just talking about chinese parts either.

When all is said and done, i'll have a kitaco 124se, a perimiter frame, and shivers...my total cost will be well under $3000

I agree that a sub-$1K pit bike is downright dangerous. (Maybe they can start soldering the frames and get the price down to $325) I just don't think trading a good used chinese pocket bike with mods for a used chinese pitbike that needs work is completely out of the question.

i'd say if you have 10G's in that, you need to seriously find a better source for stuff.

If you shop around and you know the right people, you can get the most amazing parts for very little coin. I'm not just talking about chinese parts either.

When all is said and done, i'll have a kitaco 124se, a perimiter frame, and shivers...my total cost will be well under $3000

Maybe if you buy used or flat steal it. A BBR frame alone costs almost $3000 :thumbsup:. I really doubt you could get that stuff for under $5000 new. And while I do have a Kitaco engine, it will blow the doors off of any Kitaco kit you buy. Or Takegawa. You have to take engine work into consideration.

That said, I didn't spend the money myself. Welcome to the wonderful world of having great sponsors willing to lay down some stuff to help you out. I can't thank these guys enough in helping me get the bike I've got.

just for the record... i never said my bike was "tricked out"

lol, i dont talk like that.

but i get where your coming from.

and also, i really wasnt expecting a trade, i just wanted to get the word out its for sale, for 250+ shipping, so let me know if anyone is interested.

AIM - YankeeFanOF

Maybe if you buy used or flat steal it. A BBR frame alone costs almost $3000 :thumbsup:. I really doubt you could get that stuff for under $5000 new. And while I do have a Kitaco engine, it will blow the doors off of any Kitaco kit you buy. Or Takegawa. You have to take engine work into consideration.

That said, I didn't spend the money myself. Welcome to the wonderful world of having great sponsors willing to lay down some stuff to help you out. I can't thank these guys enough in helping me get the bike I've got.

I didn't say BBR brame, i'm getting the SPV perimiter frame. It's made in taiwan, is an identical copy of the bbr, and is touted as being "unbreakable".

I know the sponsor game too, i'd put my kitaco motor up against yours, it's had pleanty of work done to it as well :-)

I'm also working on some crazy stuff for a certain china motor...don't be surprised to see a new horsepower king very soon with a very low pricetag.

Back to the topic at hand....put a sign on your pocketbike in your front yard. Spring is coming, kids will drool over it and you can sell it no problem. You probably won't have any luck selling it here or on any other forum cause nobody wants to ship it. Best of luck on a local sale though, i'm sure you'll make out ok.