Does 00 E have the blue nut??

My bike has no "blue" nut. Does it have highspeed comp adjust on the shock?? Has a nut, has a screw, but my nut aint blue!!

My Nut is not blue either, but it is a high speed damping adjuster.

Neil. :thumbsup::thumbsup::bonk:

my '01 e just has a compression screw. not sure if it's high or low. i believe it's just compression.

So the nut is highspeed and the screw is slow speed??

Yes, and rebound adjuster, if you have it is on the lower clevis mount.

i don't think you're supposed to turn the nut??

Are you sure?? Cause when i screw that nut out, while holding the screw in place, it just pops out, oily mess!!!

The 00 E does not have a blue nut and does not have hi speed compression damping adjustment. Just normaL compression and rebound. If you unscrw the hex, you are removing the whole compressioin adjuster and yes oil will come out. If you do not first release the 120psi pressure the oil will come out under force. Removing the compression adjuster is how you change oil in the shock.

Yes, and rebound adjuster, if you have it is on the lower clevis mount.

A 00 S and a 00 E have completely different shocks neither of them have a high speed compression damper.

Neil where did you go? Youre my internet buddy on this oil change now!!!! :thumbsup:

So neil, that explains why I didn't think you should have fluid coming out of the area when you turn your high speed compression out. :thumbsup:

Beer, somebody give me a beer!!! I guess i needed to change the shock oil anyway, it is a 00. Gotta make the ride this weekend!! :thumbsup:

So neil, that explains why I didn't think you should have fluid coming out of the area when you turn your high speed compression out. :thumbsup:

Well you could be right then 10guy, I can only go on what I have been told on this forum.

But I thought that the "E" had always had the good rear shock ?

Neil. :thumbsup::bonk::bonk:

Well you could be right then 10guy, I can only go on what I have been told on this forum.

But I thought that the "E" had always had the good rear shock ?

The E's shock has always been better than the 00-01 S models (had adjustable compression/rebound). In 02 both models got high speed compression damping.

The E's shock has always been better than the 00-01 S models (had adjustable compression/rebound). In 02 both models got high speed compression damping.

My 2000 S (uk model) has adjustable compression, high and low speed.

But no adjustment for rebound.

Well that is what the owners manual says.

Oh and spring pre-load is adjustable, thankfully.